Transfer Portal 2022

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

At this point if we are going to take on any more freshman than the three we already have coming in, then I want them to be immediate impact guys not projects or contributors by their junior year. If we can’t find any of those, fill the needs from the portal. 

Yeah at this point, unless IU stumbles into a stud freshmen then I'd rather they add a transfer that can be a main contributor. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

At this point if we are going to take on any more freshman than the three we already have coming in, then I want them to be immediate impact guys not projects or contributors by their junior year. If we can’t find any of those, fill the needs from the portal. 

And let’s be honest, nowadays, freshman that aren’t immediate impact players aren’t likely going to be around by the time they’re juniors… or at least kids that aren’t from Indiana @IU. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, MoyeCowbell said:

What are the elements of his game he can/could work on to raise his stock should he decide to stay another year?

In my mind, I see two things:

- His right hand - I would love to see him be more balanced in his attack on the block. He so heavily favors his left that it's almost comical. (And a testament to how good it is because he still scores!)

- Mid-range shooting (out to 16-17 feet) - Turning, squaring up and hitting that little jumper a la Tim Duncan. Make the bank your best friend.

But to your point @BGleas legacy would be the only real reason to stay. He could work on the two bullet points above as a professional anywhere he goes. Staying at IU would be simply to cement himself amongst the most memorable; pantheon if he brings a Banner.

Why do lefty bigs need to work on their right hand and you rarely hear a righty needs to work on his left hand????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rico said:

Big time bust thus far.

His three point shooting sucks which we need help on big time so that’s unfortunate but he has a good midrange shot and is a good rebounder and I believe I read good defensive player also. His averages over the last 15 games are good!

9 minutes ago, Cutter said:

His three point shooting sucks which we need help on big time so that’s unfortunate but he has a good midrange shot and is a good rebounder and I believe I read good defensive player also. His averages over the last 15 games are good!

3 years at Louisville, right?  I would take a hard pass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I assume Ivey is one of the others?

Since the summer, it’s been a known theme that none of the seniors (Hunter, Williams, and Stefanovich) would be coming back. Ivey was likely going to leave but that became obvious once he started showing up in the lottery for mock drafts.