Transfer Portal 2022

25 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Too many yahoos for sure.

I doubt that CMW got to where he is in life and in his profession by not understanding the ins and outs, the nuances of dealing with all kinds of people.

Not directed at you, per se, but jeez, just let the guy breathe. Maybe not have every decision, every action, put under the microscope. 

The world of social media has plenty of other things to get all up in arms about. 

It won't matter.  We are going to get exactly every piece we need in the off season, TJD is going to stay another year, and we are putting up Banner 6 in 2023.  Heard it here first.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Gotta love the off-season. We will debate to death, when our coach should take a vacation.   😆

I wish CMW could simultaneously vacation and work on his coaching skills like Juwan Howard. Here's a video of Juwan vacationing at a Big Ten Coaches Retreat earlier this week in Russia.

Edited by SawatchHoosier

28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Too many yahoos for sure.

I doubt that CMW got to where he is in life and in his profession by not understanding the ins and outs, the nuances of dealing with all kinds of people.

Not directed at you, per se, but jeez, just let the guy breathe. Maybe not have every decision, every action, put under the microscope. 

The world of social media has plenty of other things to get all up in arms about. 

And frankly, those yahoos think they know what being the IU head coach is all about...when in fact, they don't know diddly squat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Gotta love the off-season. We will debate to death, when our coach should take a vacation.   😆

I don't give two sh!ts when he takes a vacation. I work for living just like he does.  I take vacations and deserve it.  Everyone who works for a living, regardless of the job, deserves to take a vacation, when they want to.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rico said:

I think Kofi is as "NBA ready" as he will ever be.

Agree.  He can’t play in space and doesn’t have the game for todays NBA.  If this were 1976 he could be a backup center in the NBA battling the likes of Swen Nater.  But those days are gone.  Even behemoths like Brook Lopez are asked to stretch the floor.  

I have no idea what on earth he’d think he’d get out of another year at Illinois.  That relationship has maxed out.   

Just to be clear...this vacation talk started because someone posted they "heard or read somewhere", right? I mean, I don't care if Woodson is on vacation right now or not, it's really not important, but if I say I "heard or read somewhere" that Purdue basketball will get a 10 year death penalty, forfeit all their wins against us, and have to completely restart their program with nothing but walkons, can we beat that topic into the ground instead? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Just to be clear...this vacation talk started because someone posted they "heard or read somewhere", right? I mean, I don't care if Woodson is on vacation right now or not, it's really not important, but if I say I "heard or read somewhere" that Purdue basketball will get a 10 year death penalty, forfeit all their wins against us, and have to completely restart their program with nothing but walkons, can we beat that topic into the ground instead? 

....yes. 

That was also an impressive sentence. 

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, BruceDouglas said:

Yeah lots of change again thought this is actually less chaotic than last off season. 🤣

Pretty confident this staff will find the talent. Shannon Jr and Clark are 2 potential additions in the near term.

And Kofi is probably back again.

I have no doubt you will land some good guys.  Who is your ace recruiting assistant?

You are a good poster here and obviously a knowledgeable and good fan.  I can be critical of IU at times although I try to be optimistic for the most part.  I say that because I want to see what you think about an aspect of Underwood.  I promise to you, if I saw an IU coach do this, it would concern me too so this isn’t meant to troll you.  

Setting aside the performance in the tournament—which is obviously a different animal than conference play—or the ill-advised note he left in Bloomington, one thing about Underwood that would concern me if I were an Illinois fan is his makeup.  Specifically, he gets very defensive, especially late in the season. 

As someone who works in a high stress field where you get challenged a lot, I have learned that being defensive is one of the worst traits you can have.  It does not play well at all in front of others. It shows weakness and potentially denial to actually address the issue.

I have been working for decades so I have seen this over a long time.  Underwood is at a cringeworthy level of defensiveness.   If I were in meetings with him, I’d be uncomfortable watching that and I would pull him aside and tell him to knock it off.

It’s not just a PR thing IMO.  I think it’s a makeup problem.  If there’s a weakness or something where the opponent is attacking his set up on some way, he gets super defensive when challenged publicly about it.  And the denial portends lack of awareness to address issues and counter-adjust.   

Like I said, if an IU coach did that, I’d be all over his case.  Archie had that too and I never liked it.  He was also dismal at adjustments.

I think the guy will be around and he recruits well.  But when it comes to adjustments, in the tournament where it matters, he’s got to prove himself.  There’s a lot of Dale Brown there.   At least so far.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

image.png.0e44217a021f55a352c2382843726851.png

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Um, no...cause I heard banner 6 in 2023.  Some guy mentioned it up above or something.  That is much more interesting than Purdue.

Edited by IUCrazy2

8 hours ago, Inequality said:

I’m with the kid, I hate to see Rob go. I feel like he’s just starting to turn the corner from his injuries.

Really? I like Rob, and certainly don't mean this as a dig, but I didn't really see much improvement in his game this year, outside of the one game against Purdue. 

• Like 3