Transfer Portal 2022

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You know a sport that hasn't changed?

Mud Wrestling

Clearly you have not watched lately.  Silicon is ruining women's matches for diehards like me that appreciate the natural chest.  But these youngsters want their fake chests which cause so many more concussions on contact.  And don’t get me started on all the changes to little people matches….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For those who think Kofi is coming back to Illinois

“I don’t care if I go un-drafted,” Cockburn said. “I know when I get my opportunity I am going to show people that I belong there."

Thought this was an interesting comment...sure that probably won't ever come out of coaches mouths when recruiting vs Illinois. 

“My coach (Brad Underwood) is not coaching me in college basketball to send me to the next level, he is coaching me to win basketball games here,” Cockburn said. “In the future I will have the opportunity to show people what I am capable of doing– that I am capable of playing at the next level.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought this was an interesting comment...sure that probably won't ever come out of coaches mouths when recruiting vs Illinois. 

“My coach (Brad Underwood) is not coaching me in college basketball to send me to the next level, he is coaching me to win basketball games here,” Cockburn said. “In the future I will have the opportunity to show people what I am capable of doing– that I am capable of playing at the next level.”

No offense to Kofi, but what exactly does he think he's going to do/should be doing in college? Popping 3's all game?

He's a brute, that's his game. That's how he's used. Not sure what he's complaining about.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Brad was on with the "Field of 68" guys yesterday and made a remark that "if the first thing a recruit asks me is how much he can make via NIL, I'm hanging up!" 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ephul said:

No offense to Kofi, but what exactly does he think he's going to do/should be doing in college? Popping 3's all game?

He's a brute, that's his game. That's how he's used. Not sure what he's complaining about.

He's not really complaining, if you watch the video the context is a little clearer.

2 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Brad was on with the "Field of 68" guys yesterday and made a remark that "if the first thing a recruit asks me is how much he can make via NIL, I'm hanging up!" 🤣

With the way the college game is trending he will maybe have to rethink that. All the top recruits are going to start asking that.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I get it and a very small portion of me applauds his attempts to stay old school but he has to know where that ultimately will get him. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, Hoosier51 said:

With the way the college game is trending he will maybe have to rethink that. All the top recruits are going to start asking that.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:55 AM, Seeking6 said:

I get it and a very small portion of me applauds his attempts to stay old school but he has to know where that ultimately will get him. 

You may be taking his comments too literally. guys. 🤣

Though I do think Illinois and a lot of Big Ten schools are probably a little more restrictive on NIL stuff than other conferences, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

You may be taking his comments too literally. guys. 🤣

Though I do think Illinois and a lot of Big Ten schools are probably a little more restrictive on NIL stuff than other conferences, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Yeah I don’t think he is saying he won’t allow his guys to seek that stuff out..just if that is their sole concern and main focus…then he isn’t interested in a “me” first kid…and I get that. Enough talent out there to find kids that love basketball and their teammates and love winning…and the NIL stuff will come naturally.

• Like 1