Transfer Portal 2022

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wonder if we will reach out to Pack now after that XJ incident. Depending on the severity of the arrest

No idea on the severity of the charges or if they will stick. I would still guess the probability of X being on the roster next year is MUCH higher than that of Pack. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Tanner Holden formerly of Wright State signs with Ohio State...

6'6 SG 20 ppg last year. 35% from 3.

Played 2 games against P6 competition last year...had 18 vs Purdue and 17 vs NC State

He can really play. In their First Four game, he played 39 minutes, had 37 points & 11 boards on 11-15 from the field and 14-16 from the FT line. Outplayed Kiss, Bryant's hyped player. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Rumor has it Lander and Phinisee will be visiting Butler tomorrow.

this actually makes me feel worse.  again, not a huge deal i'm sure, but if Matta has been around and seen them enough to think they can be good at that level?  i mean, yes, we are a higher level than Butler, but???

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this actually makes me feel worse.  again, not a huge deal i'm sure, but if Matta has been around and seen them enough to think they can be good at that level?  i mean, yes, we are a higher level than Butler, but???

Gonna say that your last sentence kind of explains it.

Look at the two rosters. Clearly Matta needs these guys as an upgrade to what they have. 

That is because their roster is bad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone else kind of hoping Rob waits to make any decisions until the X saga plays out?  I know he isn’t perfect, but if we end up needing another guard…

For the record, the above statement should not be interpreted as me saying X has to go. 

Not me. I’d rather get another guard than live the Rob experience one more year. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Big Ten is a higher level than the Big East??? You might want to rethink that. In theory people like to say that but it’s not backed up much in reality.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone else kind of hoping Rob waits to make any decisions until the X saga plays out?  I know he isn’t perfect, but if we end up needing another guard…

For the record, the above statement should not be interpreted as me saying X has to go. 

He gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He can really play. In their First Four game, he played 39 minutes, had 37 points & 11 boards on 11-15 from the field and 14-16 from the FT line. Outplayed Kiss, Bryant's hyped player. 

Yeah, I remember him now...he was really good...

The Buckeyes lost Liddell and might lose Branham. That's basically their top 2 guys...they're gonna need some offense...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I remember him now...he was really good...

The Buckeyes lost Liddell and might lose Branham. That's basically their top 2 guys...they're gonna need some offense...

I think Brahnam will stay in the draft so they will lose those two plus Wheeler, Young and Brunk

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Good fit for Rob. Not sure Lander will play the defense Butler is known for…would expect him in a conference that gets up and down the court like conference USA or OVC/Sun Belt.

Matta got to watch him an entire year so who knows. Maybe he thinks he can utilize him better.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Matta got to watch him an entire year so who knows. Maybe he thinks he can utilize him better.

I imagine he likes the athleticism he can bring for sure. I can see why he likes Rob. Defense and team first guy…easy to bring in and fit into any program. Lander is more a project than anything…low floor/high ceiling. Unless you plan to just roll the ball out and let him play like in some of the conferences I mentioned he will need a lot of coaching to fit into a guard dominant Big East.