Transfer Portal 2022

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Maybe 7th with a fully healthy team and the one NW game.  Still not good enough, neither is a 5th place.

They seem to peg   Indiana 7th or worse every year for what 5 straight and we are All up in arms and the team goes out and proves them wrong by being worse.  

We are 24/25-10/11 with Trey healthy. I have no clue what preseason articles say about any team, I don't read them. 

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That is more likely.  If you were worried about keeping it quiet you go to some back room up in Carmel or something.

That's what the NCAA Tourney Committee did....haha. Entire 3rd floor at The Carmichael so they could walk out their door and drop into any of about 7-8 5 star restaurants all on someone else's dime. I messed up in life. Should have figure out the Sports Administration department racket. These people have been on scholarship for 40 years....never paid for a meal once. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't say I didn't want him on our team but I don't think he should be a starter or one of the top 8 players

I would tell you he is a rotation player on just about any team in America.  IU can be very very good team with Trey Galloway getting 15-20 minutes a game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Blake Sisley to Wright State

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Weird. That is not where I thought he would be going. Just moving 2 hours east. 2.5 hours maybe. 

Yeah.  I agree.  Wright State is not exactly a destination spot.  Conference is a wash or a slight lean towards Missouri Valley.  Might be an indicator of how big of a dumpster fire Evansville has become.

Aces need to right the ship soon or there might only be one D1 school in the city.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I would tell you he is a rotation player on just about any team in America.  IU can be very very good team with Trey Galloway getting 15-20 minutes a game.

I am not sold on Trey and have said it from the beginning.  I think he plays to fast and loose with the ball.  Can't shoot to save his life with or without an injured wrist, and for as smart as he is supposed to be, made some really bad and dumb fouls/decisions down the line. 

With that being said, I hope he make the jump this year, seems like a nice kid.  Coaches kids are usually smart team players who always help the team their on.  

But i don't think Trey and Bates are going to move the needle enough for us to be better than we were last year.  If we don't pick up some legit scorers, we're going to be the same team we were last year.  20 wins, 7-10 B1G standings, and a 9-11 seed in the tourney.  

And i know everyone thinks JHS is the savior of the program next year, but until proven, i never expect freshman to do much.  And honestly, its not like JHS is a scoring machine.  He has proven he can on occasion, but he averaged like 11ppg this last year i believe.  he shows alot of poise, basketball IQ and team play so i get why alot of people are high on him, but so have so many over the years.  Plus the biggest thing is that CMW shows he favors defense and upper classmen over young talent. 

Any who, just my uneducated, non-basketball coaching, doesn't live in Indiana, doesn't know as much as btownqb or KoB about basketball opinion.  Not calling them out, but i know 100% that they will disagree with me :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll wait till rosters are set.  This means little to nothing

That is why I said it will change. It does give a baseline though of what they think potentially about teams going into next year, and evidently IU is expected to be pretty good next season if Trayce returns.

Edited by Hoosier51

40 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

That is why I said it will change. It does give a baseline though of what they think potentially about teams going into next year, and evidently IU is expected to be pretty good next season if Trayce returns.

And probably 10th without.  I give it a 50/50 he returns.  Nil may save our butts. 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am not sold on Trey and have said it from the beginning.  I think he plays to fast and loose with the ball.  Can't shoot to save his life with or without an injured wrist, and for as smart as he is supposed to be, made some really bad and dumb fouls/decisions down the line. 

With that being said, I hope he make the jump this year, seems like a nice kid.  Coaches kids are usually smart team players who always help the team their on.  

But i don't think Trey and Bates are going to move the needle enough for us to be better than we were last year.  If we don't pick up some legit scorers, we're going to be the same team we were last year.  20 wins, 7-10 B1G standings, and a 9-11 seed in the tourney.  

And i know everyone thinks JHS is the savior of the program next year, but until proven, i never expect freshman to do much.  And honestly, its not like JHS is a scoring machine.  He has proven he can on occasion, but he averaged like 11ppg this last year i believe.  he shows alot of poise, basketball IQ and team play so i get why alot of people are high on him, but so have so many over the years.  Plus the biggest thing is that CMW shows he favors defense and upper classmen over young talent. 

Any who, just my uneducated, non-basketball coaching, doesn't live in Indiana, doesn't know as much as btownqb or KoB about basketball opinion.  Not calling them out, but i know 100% that they will disagree with me :D 

I get what your sayin about JHS and 11ppg, but he's playing against the best teams in the country every game and he's playing with Whitehead, Reneau, Evans and Dillon Mitchell. He's not on that team to score he's there to run the offense.

• Like 2

Galloway will never be an above average shooter from the perimeter.   But, his presence on the floor does seem to make us a better team.  Whether it is his ball skills, his energy, or just plain luck, IU is more successful when he gets his 20+ minutes on the court.

But, you are 100% spot on that we still desperately need shooting.  If the roster stays with the pieces we know about, that's going to have to come from an improved season from Kopp and a big step up from Bates.  Hopefully, XJ's improved shooting in the last half of the year carries forward.  Leal's playing time may not be consistent enough for him to get into any rhythm.    

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That's what the NCAA Tourney Committee did....haha. Entire 3rd floor at The Carmichael so they could walk out their door and drop into any of about 7-8 5 star restaurants all on someone else's dime. I messed up in life. Should have figure out the Sports Administration department racket. These people have been on scholarship for 40 years....never paid for a meal once. 

Those admins deserve every dime they make for...(checks notes)... eating out at 5 star restaurants and flying to nice places in first class.

You're right...they'll likely disagree and I will too.  That's OK and only time will prove who's right here.  I see Trey Galloway as a kid you don't see come around often...just plays like his hair is on fire.  That's hard to do for 40 minutes, but in short bursts, he can be very effective on both sides of the ball and is a really nice change of pace off the bench.  More than once, I saw him influence the speed of the game when he was in and it was more often than not with a positive result.  I'd love to see him at IU three more years absolutely wreaking havoc on the rest of the Big Ten.  He may not dominate the stat sheet, but he'll help IU win.  You can bank on that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

You're right...they'll likely disagree and I will too.  That's OK and only time will prove who's right here.  I see Trey Galloway as a kid you don't see come around often...just plays like his hair is on fire.  That's hard to do for 40 minutes, but in short bursts, he can be very effective on both sides of the ball and is a really nice change of pace off the bench.  More than once, I saw him influence the speed of the game when he was in and it was more often than not with a positive result.  I'd love to see him at IU three more years absolutely wreaking havoc on the rest of the Big Ten.  He may not dominate the stat sheet, but he'll help IU win.  You can bank on that.

You kind of touched on it.  Galloway will be most successful coming off the bench, getting between 18-23 minutes a night.  If he's starting and getting 30+ minutes, his effectiveness wanes.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You kind of touched on it.  Galloway will be most successful coming off the bench, getting between 18-23 minutes a night.  If he's starting and getting 30+ minutes, his effectiveness wanes.   

For sure...he'd have to have insane cardio to do what he does for 30 minutes a game.

• Like 1

Said this during the season. Trey is the guy IU has been missing since Sheehey. The guy that stirs the pot and gets under other guy’s skin. Just ask Ivey. The guy other team’s fans hate, but wish he was on their team. His value is increased by his intangibles. A very smart basketball player in a program that has been rightly criticized for lacking basketball IQ

• Like 5