Transfer Portal 2022

37 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I'd be surprised if he leaves now with 2 sons on his team, but yes we shall see.

The lakers job is much like Stevens and the Celtics.  You don't turn it down.  Id make them pay handsomely if I was him and hire a pr team, maybe cry again about leaving Michigan and how its home and all this bs but leave an open door because he will be fired in 3 months to 3 years in la.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Kamari McGee, formerly of Green Bay, goes to Bucky...

6' 0  160 lb guard 12 ppg 28% from 3 and more TOs than assists...

Head scratcher...

Don't worry, he'll go for 30+ with no turnovers while shooting almost perfect when they play IU. We'll make him look like an All American.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

From the Penthouse to the Outhouse

No knock on Painter but after watching watch Miami's coaching staff did with Charlie Moore (I know different spots) living/playing in Miami/ACC vs West Lafayette/Big 10 way of officiating I'm taking my talents to South Beach. 

But after spending time in Manhattan, Kansas I guess anywhere is an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Any news from Pack's visit to Purdue.

Went really well now just have to wait. Sounds like he’s going to at least visit OSU and Tennessee but he’s cut both Gonzaga and Arizona which is good. Never know these days but if I had to bet on it, I’d still go Purdue. He can come into all of the minutes and shots he wants, has played AAU with guys in our team, hour from home, Weber recommendation, etc…

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No knock on Painter but after watching watch Miami's coaching staff did with Charlie Moore (I know different spots) living/playing in Miami/ACC vs West Lafayette/Big 10 way of officiating I'm taking my talents to South Beach. 

Depends on what he’s looking for. I feel like Painter could easily show him how he utilized Carsen and Ivey and tell him you’re THE guy in the backcourt next year. Playing in front of a packed house versus a sparse at best one could matter too. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Also, Miami is full of NBA players and coaches year round. Lots of NBA players work out at the U in the off-season. Not a bad place to work on your skills and make connections 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Went really well now just have to wait. Sounds like he’s going to at least visit OSU and Tennessee but he’s cut both Gonzaga and Arizona which is good. Never know these days but if I had to bet on it, I’d still go Purdue. He can come into all of the minutes and shots he wants, has played AAU with guys in our team, hour from home, Webe

No chance he should turn UT down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Depends on what he’s looking for. I feel like Painter could easily show him how he utilized Carsen and Ivey and tell him you’re THE guy in the backcourt next year. Playing in front of a packed house versus a sparse at best one could matter too. 

I think I mentioned a couple weeks back but I still feel the Weber told Pack to go to Purdue (because of connection) is the biggest thing going for Purdue here. I get the crowds and all that stuff too...but I also can't fault a kid for looking at Rocky Top or Coral Gables...regardless of sparse arenas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I mentioned a couple weeks back but I still feel the Weber told Pack to go to Purdue (because of connection) is the biggest thing going for Purdue here. I get the crowds and all that stuff too...but I also can't fault a kid for looking at Rocky Top or Coral Gables...regardless of sparse arenas. 

Thompson-Boling, currently, is packed. Seats 21K. I like it a lot not then AH or Mackey. 

Tennessee supports their basketball more than UGA and Bama for example. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I doubt anyone on a message board knows what Weber told him, if anything. That's probably just people speculating and connecting dots. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No chance he should turn UT down. 

Don’t know exactly what their roster situation is aside from Chandler going pro but I’d be surprised if they have as glaring of a need at the guard spot as Purdue after we lose Ivey, Hunter, and Thompson. Not sure there are many advantages to picking UT over Purdue tbh. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t know exactly what their roster situation is aside from Chandler going pro but I’d be surprised if they have as glaring of a need at the guard spot as Purdue after we lose Ivey, Hunter, and Thompson. Not sure there are many advantages to picking UT over Purdue tbh. 

More exposure at UT.  SEC brand is a ton better than the big ten as far as style of play.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

More exposure at UT.  SEC brand is a ton better than the big ten as far as style of play.

Espn Sec network greater than B1G and any connection to fox sports.  The B1G thought they were outsmarting everyone by going 20 games and it did reward them with a stronger strength of schedule, which may get another team in the tournament.  But the reffing and mugging is atrocious, ruins the beauty of the game and has clearly limited the conference in consistently getting top talent.  Captain obvious out 

• Thanks 1