Transfer Portal 2022

On 4/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, IU Scott said:

I guess I am in the minority but I feel we need to find an upgrade over Galloway.  I just don't see that he brings that much to the team except for hustle.  He turns the ball over a lot and he is no threat to shoot outside.  He gets most of his stats against non conference teams that doesn't know how to defend him.  I don't see anyone set on stone to start the 2 and 3 position and if we can find a an upgrade who can start that would be great.

I'm really not sure what to make of this.  No one on this board pines for the "Old School IU" than you Scott, and i don't think there is anyone on our roster who better represents the "Old School IU" than Trey.  I firmly believe Coach Knight would've loved Trey Galloway, and quite frankly, I'm shocked you of all people don't.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I'm really not sure what to make of this.  No one on this board pines for the "Old School IU" than you Scott, and i don't think there is anyone on our roster who better represents the "Old School IU" than Trey.  I firmly believe Coach Knight would've loved Trey Galloway, and quite frankly, I'm shocked you of all people don't.

In a post earlier I said Galloway would probably be a better player in RMK system than the kind of offenses  ran today.  He would be great coming off screens in the lane. His problem is today that if you can't shoot it is hard for you to contribute

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s fair but I think Purdue trumps UT in a lot of other ways. 

Such as? UT has a better campus, better female population, better coach. 

I'm sure you can point to some things for Purdue, but man, the quality of life things and ability to achieve his goals things seem to lean to UT. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm sure you can point to some things for Purdue, but man, the quality of life things and ability to achieve his goals things seem to lean to UT. 

I don't really know if Barnes is any better coach than Painter. Both have only gotten past the first weekend 6 times. Barnes did make one final four but the rest is similar. Both have lost in the first round plenty of times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Knoxville is amazing. Compared to the toilet of west lafayette for sure. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Don’t think Barnes is a better coach than Painter honestly. 

Purdue is a better team/program, close to home, knows guys on the team, Weber putting in a good word, will get as many shots as he wants, etc…

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't really know if Barnes is any better coach than Painter. Both have only gotten past the first weekend 6 times. Barnes did make one final four but the rest is similar. Both have lost in the first round plenty of times.

I feel like Barnes almost always had top level talent too and squandered it pretty often. 

• Like 1