Transfer Portal 2022

3 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I think we can use the PU question about Tom Crean here. They like to argue he never did anything without Wade, but what has Painter done without Carsen Edwards?

The biggest things they have going for them regarding Pack is that they’re close to home and will give a guard the green light and never switch it. 

But but but if Hummel didn’t get hurt….. that’s their excuse every time.  Nobody knows what would’ve happened if he didn’t get hurt and never will.  Purdue is always going to be Purdue which equals little brother to IU.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Why is it hard to transfer into IU? The women's program isn't having any trouble finding quality transfers. 

Yeah, this is BS. The main difference is IUWBB has created a foundation of success and stability and IUMBB has not. Moren is probably as close to IU head coach for life as there is. That being said, blue blood wbb programs have to be sniffy around seeing what it would take to get her. It would be a real shame (and a huge mistake) as IU could remain a top tier program for many more years since she's only 52. The crowds they have been getting the past couple of years show that fans will come if given a winner.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yeah, this is BS. The main difference is IUWBB has created a foundation of success and stability and IUMBB has not. Moren is probably as close to IU head coach for life as there is. That being said, blue blood wbb programs have to be sniffy around seeing what it would take to get her. It would be a real shame (and a huge mistake) as IU could remain a top tier program for many more years since she's only 52. The crowds they have been getting the past couple of years show that fans will come if given a winner.

Bingo!  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Why is it hard to transfer into IU? The women's program isn't having any trouble finding quality transfers. 

I will go look it up for all the know it all's blow hards below. Mens team is bringing players in to. Some players just wont qualify.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

So has the football program, I don't buy for one minute it is hard to get transfers in.  Didn't we just have 4 transfers on our team last year

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

But but but if Hummel didn’t get hurt….. that’s their excuse every time.  Nobody knows what would’ve happened if he didn’t get hurt and never will.  Purdue is always going to be Purdue which equals little brother to IU.

Of course nobody knows what would’ve happened lol. But not having the chance to see what could’ve happened is the toughest pill to swallow. 

I always laugh at the “Purdue is always going to be Purdue which equals little brother to IU.” The little brother/big brother comments are silly IMO.  For being “little brother” I think we’re doing just fine tbh. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

I think we can use the PU question about Tom Crean here. They like to argue he never did anything without Wade, but what has Painter done without Carsen Edwards?

The biggest things they have going for them regarding Pack is that they’re close to home and will give a guard the green light and never switch it. 

I don’t think Crean is a bad coach at all (certainly better than Archie and imo Woodson). But his tenure at Georgia was a disaster. 

I think you make a fair point re what he has done without Edwards. That was his furthest tournament run and it was maybe his 5th or 6th most talented roster he’s had. Have to make more consistent deeper runs. Granted we’re right near the top in terms of S16 appearances over the last 5 years but we want more. 

18 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Not trying to say anything too much but looks like he is looking to get paid....there are only two on that list that I know of that are anywhere near clean. 

I was going to say the same thing...like a Murderer's Row of cheats and ne'er-do-wells...

Edited by IUFLA

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t think Crean is a bad coach at all (certainly better than Archie and imo Woodson). But his tenure at Georgia was a disaster. 

I think you make a fair point re what he has done without Edwards. That was his furthest tournament run and it was maybe his 5th or 6th most talented roster he’s had. Have to make more consistent deeper runs. Granted we’re right near the top in terms of S16 appearances over the last 5 years but we want more. 

Are you slow? Crean > Woodson? Crean wouldn't even be a ball boy in the NBA.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I will go look it up for all the know it all's blow hards below. Mens team is bringing players in to. Some players just wont qualify.

Ron Patterson comes to mind.  He had to take some summer remediation classes to get in the door and then there was some controversy about substandard grades and/or academic fraud of some sort?

IU isn't Notre Dame in this respect, but there are definitely schools (SEC) that have lower academic standards and/or more willingness to bend the academic rules.  Then there is North Carolina which just makes fake classes for their ball players to get easy A's.

The difference between IU and Purdue can be seen with the reaction this year versus how IU reacts.  When IU lost to a formidable Syracuse team in the tourney, the fan base was inconsolable.  

This year, the Purdue loss was even more of a gut punch, and they are doing their usual post hoc rationalizations.  You will never see a bracket part for Purdue like it just did.   It was a total gift from the basketball Gods. Yet a very veteran team with a top five pick on it totally blew it.   

If anyone should be compared with Crean it’s Painter.  At IU, you pull that, and the torches are out and you’re finished. At Purdue they act like it was just another loss in yet another year.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Dexter Dennis is planning to visit next weekend 

Woodson wanted a defense stopper on the wing and a pure shooter.  Right out of his mouth.   He saw what happened when we faced a Davis late in the game where we were helpless.   He’s trying to specifically address that.    He’s not hiding the ball.  Woodson has flat out said what he’s looking for.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t think Crean is a bad coach at all (certainly better than Archie and imo Woodson).

I don’t think it’s even debatable that Woodson outcoached Painter, who was sporting significantly more talent, in both games this year.  Woodson pushed the right buttons and Painter got tripped up.   That should be a concern for Purdue unless the lack of self awareness up there is sky high.  This wasn’t Archie who never out coached Painter in four years.

• Like 3