Transfer Portal 2022

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We will gain JHS, Banks and Gunn while losing Durr, RP, Lander and Stewart.  That looks like a gain to me and we keep our best players while other teams lose their best players.

IF we keep our best players. We aren't even certain who is returning for sure yet. TJD did put his name in the draft which he didn't do the last 2 years so it's probably 50/50 if I had to guess. We need another addition bottom line regardless of whether he returns or not. 

2 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

IF we keep our best players. We aren't even certain who is returning for sure yet. TJD did put his name in the draft which he didn't do the last 2 years so it's probably 50/50 if I had to guess. We need another addition bottom line regardless of whether he returns or not. 

If Bates is a 25-28mpg guy, do we? 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If Bates is a 25-28mpg guy, do we? 

Sure IF he and JG both have breakout years we could be pretty dang good if TJD stays  or we can get a quality big to replace him. But I'm tired of relying on if's and hope for breakouts...I'd rather have some more almost certain contributors. And I really think we need to upgrade for Kopp. Maybe Dennis will be the guy...

Edited by DunkinDipo
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Career 40% 2 pt shooter and 34% 3 pt shooter who shot under 30% from three last year, his 4th year at Wichita St. Averaged 8-9 pts all four years, playing 26 to 31 minutes.

9 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

OOF

Yeah...doesn't look like an upgrade to Miller Kopp anyway.  Maybe he's a little better on defense, but he gives it back with his sub-par shooting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Career 40% 2 pt shooter and 34% 3 pt shooter who shot under 30% from three last year, his 4th year at Wichita St. Averaged 8-9 pts all four years, playing 26 to 31 minutes.

He had a great game as a freshman at IU in the NIT.  Maybe he really likes shooting at AH.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yeah this one seams like a headscratcher to contact. His defense is pretty good though.

19 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I haven't studied his game, but from what I gather, his real value is going to be defense on the wing, with the hope he regains his shooting from earlier in his career.  I seem to recall he shot respectably his freshman year.

16 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah this one seams like a headscratcher to contact. His defense is pretty good though.

Well late in games, especially where we squandered it, we needed defense on the wing if you can recall Johnny Davis in both games, Branham for OSU coming down every trip late, and Murray popping 8/10 from three.  If we had a defensive stopper on the wing late in the game, we arguably could have won about four more games without too much of a leap of imagination.

EDIT, you could argue having a mobile defender on the ball might have stymied Ron Harper on his prayer.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I haven't studied his game, but from what I gather, his real value is going to be defense on the wing, with the hope he regains his shooting from earlier in his career.  I seem to recall he shot respectably his freshman year.

If we're just hoping anyway, I'll hope for Trey Galloway to find his stroke and for Tamar Bates to take his sophomore leap.  Then we don't need to gamble on marginal guys like this.

• Like 4

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Not thinking that's where IU needs the help though.

Its not in a starters role, for sure. But, I don't have an opinion, I believe I was intoxicated to bring myself to watch the NIT lol... so I've never seen the kid play. 

Just giving ya info, though.  

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Well late in games, especially where we squandered it, we needed defense on the wing if you can recall Johnny Davis in both games, Branham for OSU coming down every trip late, and Murray popping 8/10 from three.  If we had a defensive stopper on the wing late in the game, we arguably could have won about four more games without too much of a leap of imagination.

That is good but man we need some shooters and this guy isn't it. Yes we had problems with a couple of players on the wings at times, but one problem we almost always had was 3-pt shooting. While I think some of our guys will improve beyond the arc I would like to bring in a guy that is already good from there. Just think how many games we would have won if we had shot better from 3-pt land, especially considering the Hoosiers defense was already pretty good.

• Like 1

I agree I mean honestly from my nose bleed seats perspective we need a big guy a 6'9 to 7' rim runner big guy that gobbles up rebounds like the cookie monster blocks shots like a father does to his children has an inside game like a baby's bottom smooth yet explosive and loves IU basketball like it is a religion. Is that too much for a fan to ask?

Edited by ButlerHoosier

1 minute ago, ButlerHoosier said:

I agree I mean honestly from my nose bleed seats perspective we need a big guy a 6'10 to 7' rim runner big guy that gobbles up rebounds like the cookie monster blocks shots like a father does to his children and has an inside game like a baby's bottom smooth yet explosive. 

Shit one of them out and sign him up! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

I agree I mean honestly from my nose bleed seats perspective we need a big guy a 6'10 to 7' rim runner big guy that gobbles up rebounds like the cookie monster blocks shots like a father does to his children and has an inside game like a baby's bottom smooth yet explosive. 

Not if both Race and Trayce comes back.  Also how many 6'10 to 7'0 are there out there in the portal.  Also if there are pretty good they won't come here if both Race or Trayce are back.