Transfer Portal 2022

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Dex Den

I guess I'm really going to be confused if we roll into a 5th season in a row without adding a dude who can get buckets.(not counting Romeo because even he needed some guys to create space). Speaking of buckets, we are all going to need a few buckets if Tamar doesn't absolutely blow up.  

Better start praying for those massive frosh to soph jumps that everyone fantasizes about.  More games of race you to 60.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm like this guy @ysaric...I'm just not sold.  At all.

Former Hoosiers with the same letter starting first and last names. 

• Greg Graham 
  • Jared Jefferies 
  • Devin Davis 
  • Sebastian Scott 
  • Calbert Cheaney

I say let's go with Dexter Dennis. He could be great, he could be ok, he might not recover and let someone drive by him or he could hit a teammate with his car. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Here’s a question about MK. If his role is switched to off the bench shooter does that make him a better fit? Did his focus on defense impact the primary reason he was brought in originally? Asking for a friend. 🤓

Either way, Ii don't want him forcing shots.  Take all the set open threes you want.  I'd even like yo see a shot fake, dribble pull up added.  But when he tried to get creative or use his limited athleticism, I'm guessing his field goal % was around 10.  

• Like 2

I think Miller Kopp’s issue was that he had played along side another Miller Kopp. Both him and Stewart were very similar players with very similar skill sets. Catch and shoot guys with limited ability to put it on the floor. Subpar rebounders. Fine defensive players within the system, but not defensive stoppers. Neither of them were hard to guard. It gave opponents the freedom to put in 2 players that normally may been considered to be defense liabilities without fear of consequences.

Although I have criticized Woody for line-ups, he did seem pretty hand cuffed by the timing of injuries and having to play both MK and PS at the same time. Ideally I think he wanted to play Gallo (a guy who moves well without the ball) along side MK in the starting lineup. 

Put an athletic guard/wing next to Kopp and I think we see another player next year because it’s a better opportunity for the offense to create mismatches off screens and movement. The guy can shoot, but unfortunately so many times we couldn’t pass the ball into his shooting pocket, taking him out of rhythm. Perhaps (hoping) with JHS and XJ on the floor we’ll have 2 guys that can create and pass accurately. 

I think the staff sees Dexter Dennis as a guy who can defend, but more importantly as a guy who can move without the ball, make those baseline cuts, and can keep the defense honest with the ability to knock down a 3. Some keep comparing DD to P-Stew, but to me he seems more like a Galloway who can hit the 3 and defend without fouling. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I think Miller Kopp’s issue was that he had played along side another Miller Kopp. Both him and Stewart were very similar players with very similar skill sets. Catch and shoot guys with limited ability to put it on the floor. Subpar rebounders. Fine defensive players within the system, but not defensive stoppers. Neither of them were hard to guard. It gave opponents the freedom to put in 2 players that normally may been considered to be defense liabilities without fear of consequences.

Although I have criticized Woody for line-ups, he did seem pretty hand cuffed by the timing of injuries and having to play them both MK and PS at the same time. Ideally I think he wanted to play Gallo (I guy who moves well without the ball) along side MK in the starting lineup. 

Put an athletic guard/wing next to Kopp and I think we see another player next year because it’s a better opportunity for the offense to create mismatches off screens and movement. The guy can shoot, but unfortunately so many times we couldn’t pass the ball into his shooting pocket, taking him out of rhythm. Perhaps (hoping) with JHS and XJ on the floor we’ll have 2 guys that can create and pass accurately. 

I think the staff sees Dexter Dennis as a guy who can defend, but more importantly as a guy who can move without the ball, make those baseline cuts, and can keep the defense honest with the ability to knock down a 3. Some keep comparing him to P-Stew, but to me he seems more like a Galloway who can hit the 3 and defend without fouling. 

That's a really good assessment.

The ball doesn't seem to stick in Dennis' hands. It's always moving. Only going to help Kopp.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Here’s a question about MK. If his role is switched to off the bench shooter does that make him a better fit? Did his focus on defense impact the primary reason he was brought in originally? Asking for a friend. 🤓

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Although I have criticized Woody for line-ups, he did seem pretty hand cuffed by the timing of injuries and having to play both MK and PS at the same time. Ideally I think he wanted to play Gallo (a guy who moves well without the ball) along side MK in the starting lineup. 

I think the staff sees Dexter Dennis as a guy who can defend, but more importantly as a guy who can move without the ball, make those baseline cuts, and can keep the defense honest with the ability to knock down a 3. Some keep comparing DD to P-Stew, but to me he seems more like a Galloway who can hit the 3 and defend without fouling. 

Yeah I just deleted my post because @tdhoosier said it  better. I’ll add a thought or two. 

He has the ability to  contribute 3-4 threes per game but he disappears and doesn’t shoot. That’s why I think he should be inserted at times and told to shoot. Kid is bullseye from the baseline.

A faster pace and more shooting volume could have helped the entire team. But, what do I know

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings/

Don't know if this guy really knows his stuff or not, but he does not have TJD ranked in the top 60 prospects for this year's draft. 8 B1G players are listed, as is Wesley from Notre Dame, but no Trayce.

Ivey 1st? No Moussa Diabate? 

Ummmm, I don't know about that list...

28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings/

Don't know if this guy really knows his stuff or not, but he does not have TJD ranked in the top 60 prospects for this year's draft. 8 B1G players are listed, as is Wesley from Notre Dame, but no Trayce.

There will likely be a video similar to what Bacot released on Twitter. Speculation based on a couple things I know to be true unrelated to the draft projections. There is always a chance things could change but that’s ok. 

Trace has given his all to IU and he deserves his moments. His circle should be very proud of the fantastic person he is.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Inequality said:

There will likely be a video similar to what Bacot released on Twitter. Speculation based on a couple things I know to be true unrelated to the draft projections. There is always a chance things could change but that’s ok. 

Trace has given his all to IU and he deserves his moments. His circle should be very proud of the fantastic person he is.

Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly.... you expect, based on information you know to be true, TJD to come back next year? 

• Like 2

Shooting is needed but scoring is a necessity and there is more than one way to score. But in a situation where your team does not shoot and does not score at a high level, you better have defenders who can shut down the other team if you want any chance to win.

Reminds me of the Bob Huggins teams of the late 80's and 90's. Several years they could not score very well but their D carried them and they scored a lot in transition and off that D. Of course they would press and he used a lot of grown men thugs to make it work but they could play defense.

Lots of assumptions but if you have TJD, Race, Geronimo, Galloway, X, JHS, and a guy like Dexter, it's going to be tough to score on IU. Lots of ugly low scoring games would be likely.