Transfer Portal 2022

29 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Purdue fans thinking the NIL is the university handing out bags of cash on top of the scholarships. Smh

Rent free

If they would happen to lose out on Nijel Pack their excuse will be that school handed out bigger NIL money bags lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

If they would happen to lose out on Nijel Pack their excuse will be that school had bigger NIL money bags lol.

I’m sure some will complain about that but I think Purdue can and will be competitive from an NIL perspective. They just announced something last week I believe about it. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m sure some will complain about that but I think Purdue can and will be competitive from an NIL perspective. They just announced something last week I believe about it. 

Most Power 5 schools should have no problem being competitive using NIL. The question is will they take advantage of it.

• Like 2

In 365 days do big schools with piles of cash learn to do it better?

Will UK just go after the best portal players?  
these players have zero connection to the school besides basketball &💰 

which really isn’t a change except it’s now legal and out in the open 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

MK shot 36% from three in three seasons at NW. He shot 36% from three at IU last year. He is what he is. Unfortunately he regressed from two from 43% at NW to 35% at IU. He's never been a knockdown shooter or efficient. He attempted 10 to 11 shots per game at NW to average 11-13 points. He could improve this significantly, if he got to the line more as an 85% FT shooter, but that's never been his game. 

MK finished with an offensive rating of 96.5 and it fell to 86.9 In BIG ten play.. national average is 102.9… he is a below average player and definitely not a BIG 10 starter.  He had second worse offensive rating on team only behind Tamar Bates. 

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Sad

My only thought about this is that CMW wanted a seniority led team his first year to help with the transition to a new coach.  Same thing with Pstew starting.  I wonder if this trend will continue or will we see a freshman like JHS in a possible starting role if he is the best players on the court in practice.

41 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

My only thought about this is that CMW wanted a seniority led team his first year to help with the transition to a new coach.  Same thing with Pstew starting.  I wonder if this trend will continue or will we see a freshman like JHS in a possible starting role if he is the best players on the court in practice.

I think that there is a bias toward playing older guys, but it’s not something that more talented guys won’t overcome. We just didn’t have anyone that really justified it last year. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Is it Blue…..so a Ford?

Falling behind on my ag equipment…Purdue may take back my degree 

The tractor industry is just like everything else, it has evolved and consolidated a lot lately.  It's a New Holland, which now isn't any different than a Case IH. They are both owned by Fiat.

• Like 1