Transfer Portal 2022

17 hours ago, rico said:

Hardship waiver?  Dawson Garcia has to get one as well.

15 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

They could be grad transfers at this point, no? 

Yeah, some could be grad xfers I guess. But one of the driving factors towards adopting the one time waiver for all was to get rid of these "hardship waivers" because they were so seemingly randomly approved or denied. So will be interesting to see how many are requested/approved.

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Chris on BTBers saying Dennis is expected to transfer to IU. 

There has been chatter that both (Dennis and IU) want this to happen, but will depend on someone leaving. Will be interesting to see if it opens up through TJD, JG, or someone being forced out.

Edited by JaybobHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

There has been chatter that both (Dennis and IU) want this to happen, but will depend on someone leaving. Will be interesting to see if it opens up through TJD, JG, or someone being forced out.

I just need to ask the question. Is brining on a player like Dennis worth JG transferring? 

IMO, no.

If this scenario plays out, I just find it odd. I know DD maybe fills a need, but it'd be a lateral move at best, and it could risk upsetting the chemistry of the team. Of course, I know of nothing behind the scenes and trust Woody to make the right move, but if we're predicting...I'm just thinking this doesn't make sense. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I just need to ask the question. Is brining on a player like Dennis worth JG transferring? 

IMO, no.

If this scenario plays out, I just find it odd. I know DD maybe fills a need, but it'd be a lateral move at best, and it could risk upsetting the chemistry of the team. Of course, I know of nothing behind the scenes and trust Woody to make the right move, but if we're predicting...I'm just thinking this doesn't make sense. 

I agree with you, but could also play devils advocate in the could JG be the new version of Hanner Perea? Insanely athletic and oozes talent, but never puts it together? I’m of the kind that no one should be forced off the team except for being bad for the team. I want to win as much as anyone, but forcing players out is not the way to do it IMO.

I would rather keep JG over Dennis, but I do get the appeal. Just hope that if JG stays, he is working on his handles and perimeter defense. That’s what will hold him back from taking his game to a truly high level. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Some have stated they hope it’s Leal, but I say heck no to that! 

I hate to say it, but I’d think it would more likely be a Leal or Kopp than Geronimo or TJD.

Maybe TJD has already given the staff the word that he’s staying in the draft. Then no one needs to leave.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

IMO, no.

simple answer. whoever puts us in the best position to win this year. not in '23, '24, or '25 and beyond.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HoosierJK said:

I hate to say it, but I’d think it would more likely be a Leal or Kopp than Geronimo or TJD.

Maybe TJD has already given the staff the word that he’s staying in the draft. Then no one needs to leave.

I agree Leal would be most likely, but feel he was given a raw deal last year. I felt he was a better option than Stewart, and also played well when he was in. Hope he stays around and can find at least 5-7 minutes a game.

• Like 2

If CMW thinks Dennis will improve our team then I trust him.

Furthermore,If TJD were to return then we need to go all-in next year. That includes getting Dennis if it means letting someone at the end of the bench…as some have mentioned, Leal…go. 

Edited by Hoosier987

13 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I agree with you, but could also play devils advocate in the could JG be the new version of Hanner Perea? Insanely athletic and oozes talent, but never puts it together? I’m of the kind that no one should be forced off the team except for being bad for the team. I want to win as much as anyone, but forcing players out is not the way to do it IMO.

I would rather keep JG over Dennis, but I do get the appeal. Just hope that if JG stays, he is working on his handles and perimeter defense. That’s what will hold him back from taking his game to a truly high level. 

I think Jordan has already shown WAY more on both ends of the floor than Hanner did.  Im not saying he doesnt have things he needs to improve on, but a much better player the second he stepped on campus than HP ever was. 

• Like 6

If TJD comes back and Dennis commits then I'm pretty certain it will be Leal or Kopp that leaves. I love Leal's passion for Indiana basketball but I just don't see him getting many minutes and would probably be better served to play elsewhere where he can get more playing time and develop. 

36 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I think Jordan has already shown WAY more on both ends of the floor than Hanner did.  Im not saying he doesnt have things he needs to improve on, but a much better player the second he stepped on campus than HP ever was. 

Amen.  Perea was a BIG disappointment both on and off the court.

...and the (insert current IU scholarship player's name here) needs to go talk needs to STOP.  Imagine if you are the player's family?  They see this crap and it reflects VERY POORLY on our fanbase.

If the player misbehaves and gets dumped from the team, fine, but as long as they are in Bloomington and representing the program, please stifle that negativity.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Has he though? The numbers certainly don't back that up to this point. 

I like JG and hope he becomes a player for us but at this point he's nothing more than a long, bouncy, undersized and unskilled four. He has bad hands, handles, and feet with a mediocre (at best) shot. Those are all things he can improve, but HMP or Freddie McSwain seem like good comparisons for him to this point in his career.

Edited by KoB2011

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

Agree that Geronimo is much more than HP ever showed, but at the same time it feels like many are valuing him much more on potential.  Sometimes those players blossom, sometimes they just don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

simple answer. whoever puts us in the best position to win this year. not in '23, '24, or '25 and beyond.

To be devil's advocate, I'm not sure that is a simple answer. It could potentially ruin relationships with HS coaches in the state (Crean was great at that), it could upset the chemistry of the team, you risk DD not picking up the system quickly when the departed player has experience in it, etc.

I think DD seems like a fine player, but all these unknowns seem like a lot to risk for a player of his caliber. Now, if we are talking about a potential 15-20 ppg guy then it's a completely different story.The potential reward outweighs the potential risk.

I know I'm playing the guessing game too, but I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. And despite all the rumors (and as much as I don't want it to be true); I still think TJD is not coming back IF another player transfers in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

I hope people know that I don’t think JG is Hanner, just saying there is risk with projects or guys with a lot of potential that never pan out. I really like JG and hope he stays, just providing a different point of view for conversation sake.

• Like 3