Transfer Portal 2022

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Also, I have a hard time imagining Kopp being totally out of the rotation.  The team will need him to shoot 37-38 percent from deep.  

Also have to think that Woodson will want to play Banks who has more upside than Kopp and he will be here longer.  If you don't have Banks in the rotation this year you might not have him next year and Kopp only had one year left.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also have to think that Woodson will want to play Banks who has more upside than Kopp and he will be here longer.  If you don't have Banks in the rotation this year you might not have him next year and Kopp only had one year left.

Jeff Hornacek & Pete Rose wore #14

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Also, I have a hard time imagining Kopp being totally out of the rotation.  The team will need him to shoot 37-38 percent from deep.  

Brian Walsh has talked about how good Kopp is in practice. I feel like it was Walsh. Something happens in the game for Kopp and his nerves affect him. Now that Walsh can do on court coaching I’m hoping he fixes whatever Kopp had an issue in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Here are some advance metrics for Dennis and a comp on IU's team last year so you can compare.

Player Efficiency Rating

• Dennis: 12.3
  • Galloway: 10.3

Offensive Rating 

• Dennis: 103.0
  • Stewart: 103.1

Defensive Rating

• Dennis: 99.6
  • Galloway: 99.9

Win Shares per 40

• Dennis: .102
  • Leal: .102 (there literally was no rotation player close, Geronimo at .129 & Stewart at .080 were closest)

Effective FG%

• Dennis: .439
  • Kopp: .456

Turnover % (higher is worse)

• Dennis: 14.0
  • Phinisee: 13.6

Usage %

• Dennis: 16.3
  • Galloway: 16.7

ugh

i think Kopp not starting is wishful thinking.  i know that is my wish, but i'll be surprised if he doesn't start.  if he doesn't start, he's going to get solid minutes.  i'm fine with him being a shooter off the bench.  i just hope that we have enough guys who are good enough to push him to the bench.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think Kopp not starting is wishful thinking.  i know that is my wish, but i'll be surprised if he doesn't start.  if he doesn't start, he's going to get solid minutes.  i'm fine with him being a shooter off the bench.  i just hope that we have enough guys who are good enough to push him to the bench.

There are a couple candidates, but I think Bates is the guy. It would be great if he could make a big leap this offseason and come back on the way to realizing the potential of a top 30-40 recruit. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

There are a couple candidates, but I think Bates is the guy. It would be great if he could make a big leap this offseason and come back on the way to realizing the potential of a top 30-40 recruit. 

I am hoping Bates comes up big next season! Also the unknown the Freshmen! Looking forward to see how they perform! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’ll go one step further and say Bates is the key to making this line-up resemble the line up Woody envisions. 

If we are in February next year and the starting backcourt is XJ, JHS and Scoop we will be in very, very good shape.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I’ll go one step further and say Bates is the key to making this line-up resemble the line up Woody envisions. 

If we are in February next year and the starting backcourt is XJ, JHS and Scoop we will be in very, very good shape.

i 100% agree.  i know i keep saying it, but XJ, JHS, Bates, Race, and TJD or Reneau would give me a lot of hope.  again, that would mean that Bates has progressed and JHS is ready to go!  if so, it just makes us so different offensively with those wings instead of Kopp and Stewart.  i know many like to argue numbers don't matter, but then you're actually talking 3 highly ranked recruits in our 5.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Kopp won't be starting if or when Dexter Dennis commits to IU. 

• Like 2