Transfer Portal 2022

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Kopp to avg. 12 points a game while NOT being at Indiana. I dont want either guy we are looking at just to loose a guy already here. Slight upgrade or not. Not enough to matter, you gave guys schollys, ride them and make them better.

I won't disagree with your last sentence. Just concerning who is a better fit for IU, I think it's McNeil. 

11 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Can't blame the kid.  Get that bread if you can.  Plus Larranaga is a solid coach and you get to hang out in south Florida for the next year or two. 

Same. Purdue is going to have to decide pretty quickly if they’re all in on this NIL stuff. If not, this kind of thing will keep happening. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Same. Purdue is going to have to decide pretty quickly if they’re all in on this NIL stuff. If not, this kind of thing will keep happening. 

See, I don't get the way Purdue or their fans are thinking about this...

There's nothing wrong, illegal, or unsavory about NIL money. If your school doesn't jump in quickly, they'll be buried...

NIL has pretty much superseded every aspect beside coach and coaching staff in college recruiting...sitting on the sidelines and lamenting how other schools are "cheating" is mind boggling to me...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

See, I don't get the way Purdue or their fans are thinking about this...

There's nothing wrong, illegal, or unsavory about NIL money. If your school doesn't jump in quickly, they'll be buried...

NIL has pretty much superseded every aspect beside coach and coaching staff in college recruiting...sitting on the sidelines and lamenting how other schools are "cheating" is mind boggling to me...

Oh I don’t disagree with you. I realize it’s the new normal. I meant to say our AD better get it figured out or we will be buried like you mentioned. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh I don’t disagree with you. I realize it’s the new normal. I meant to say our AD better get it figured out or we will be buried like you mentioned. 

Isn’t it more Mitch than your AD?  I ve heard him say some pretty bad stuff about NIL.  Not saying I don’t agree with him on his stance but I’m also not the President of a university.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They do. People who don't get onboard with the NIL are rightfully being left behind in college basketball. We've seen it a lot recently. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Isn’t it more Mitch than your AD?  I ve heard him say some pretty bad stuff about NIL.  Not saying I don’t agree with him on his stance but I’m also not the President of a university.  

Not sure tbh. Mitch was a big part of us spending to upgrade the football performance complex, keeping Brohm, etc… Much better than some of his predecessors. But this is a brand new ballgame. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

• Like 2