Transfer Portal 2022

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Pack is committing tomorrow at 3:30

If he doesn't pick Purdue I am going to laugh my ass off. They were supposedly in talks with him for quite awhile, possibly even before he was in the portal. Some of their fans are saying the NIL is slimy and they don't want anything to do with it, but I guess contacting players early is ok. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

If he doesn't pick Purdue I am going to laugh my ass off. They were supposedly in talks with him for quite awhile, possibly even before he was in the portal. Some of their fans are saying the NIL is slimy and they don't want anything to do with it, but I guess contacting players early is ok. 🤦‍♂️ 

i believe it was roughly 35 minutes after entering the portal he was a Purdue lock, no? 😂

• Haha 2

Had to have lunch today with a John Purdue club guy. Couldn't believe how far behind he was in his thinking about NIL and players.

He was one of those Painter will find his guys types....I just looked at him and said Painter is a fine person/good coach most of the time but if you don't get on board with NIL for your players you will be run over within a year or two.

Just got back so this thread and the news is hilarious timing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

No proof he was contacted early. IMO, this one would’ve already been wrapped up for Purdue if NIL wasn’t a thing. Hopefully this is the wake-up call needed for us to realize it’s time to get the warchest assembled. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No proof he was contacted early. IMO, this one would’ve already been wrapped up for Purdue if NIL wasn’t a thing. Hopefully this is the wake-up call needed for us to realize it’s time to get the warchest assembled. 

There isn't proof but that doesn't mean they didn't. In fact if I remember right you were the one saying they had been in contact for awhile, and this was right after he hit the portal.

Edited by Hoosier51

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Had to have lunch today with a John Purdue club guy. Couldn't believe how far behind he was in his thinking about NIL and players.

He was one of those Painter will find his guys types....I just looked at him and said Painter is a fine person/good coach most of the time but if you don't get on board with NIL for your players you will be run over within a year or two.

Illinois, Indiana, OSU and Michigan are all embracing the NIL, probably other B1G teams that I haven't paid much attention to are also. Purdue and others that haven't taken advantage of it so far better catch up fast or like you said in the next year or two they will fall way behind. 👍

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You realize fans are all the same….idiots in every fan base.

Someone on this very site said KL was one-and-done while Ivey was an chucker.

Actually, an IU fan would have probably said 'a' chucker given that would be the proper article to use since 'c' is not a vowel.  :coffee:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Actually, an IU fan would have probably said 'a' chucker given that would be the proper article to use since 'c' is not a vowel.  :coffee:

I was going to include the word inefficient before chucker but decided to shorten it….

proudly the worst speller of any college graduate !

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You mean because of the tampering by Weber?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is it just me or does everyone else get a chuckle out of the John Purdue Club name?   I picture a "John" on a tractor(a John Deer) pulling up to a West Lafayette street walker.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1