Transfer Portal 2022

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nijel’s agent doubling down.  Almost daring the NCAA to do something about it lol. 

I heard that Bud Mackey's attorney agent is about to release news of his big NIL deal.  But, instead of LifeWallet, it's with a new startup called PrisonWallet. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I heard that Bud Mackey's attorney agent is about to release news of his big NIL deal.  But, instead of LifeWallet, it's with a new startup called PrisonWallet. 

At risk of making this a Purdue board again... I keep thinking about making an inappropriate comment about Swanigan.  Is he in jail?  

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

At risk of making this a Purdue board again... I keep thinking about making an inappropriate comment about Swanigan.  Is he in jail?  

Got pulled over and the officer found that he had 3.5lbs of the devil's lettuce in his car.  I think he was in for a few months, but just local.  Wasn't hard time. 

That said, the pictures I found.....he's doing a spot-on impression of DeAndre Thomas these days. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Got pulled over and the officer found that he had 3.5lbs of the devil's lettuce in his car.  I think he was in for a few months, but just local.  Wasn't hard time. 

That said, the pictures I found.....he's doing a spot-on impression of DeAndre Thomas these days. 

Munchies will do that to ya...

Or so I've heard...

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He deleted the account. There was never a top 5 released. 

I mean i understand that twitter is a cesspool of troglodytes but i wonder why he did that.  Maybe he didn't like Musk buying twitter?  To many fans hounding him?  Got more attention than he expected?  Something in his twitter past coming back to haunt him DUN DUN DUN (j/k i hate cancel culture for past mistakes)

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah they are.  That is Hoosiers For Good's #1 purpose.  To get NIL money to athletes at IU and oh yeah they may do this charitable thing too.

It is as simple as this.  A taxpayer is allowed to give a gift up to $16,000 to another individual this year.  At $16,001 they have to start paying taxes on the gift.  So if you go big donor who wants to drop a "gift" of $100k on TJD, they cannot just hand him $100k.  They have to report that gift and then pay taxes on it.  So you make a "charity" like HFG and suddenly that gift is a charitable contribution that is tax deductible.   The player has to pay an income tax on it but that is usually less than the gift tax.  Donor gets to write it off.

TJD shows up to a dinner and the charity gets to charge for the plates or the speech or whatever.   The charities won't complain because what they are getting is more than they were...but in most cases the value they are getting is probably less then just getting the cash that the athlete got paid....because it isn't about charity, it is about getting money to people who will possibly help your school win games.

It is just putting the sleaze out in the open.  It is "legal" now but is no different than what most here would complain about the Kentucky's of the world doing in the past with Nike as the go between.

That's a common misconception about gift tax. After the 16k annual exclusion you have to file a gift tax return and it will count against your lifetime exclusion currently 11.7million in 2021. So I could give a gift to TJD of 100k and no one would pay taxes on it. Recipients don't pay taxes on gifts. Donors don't pay taxes until their lifetime exclusion is exhausted 

Edited by cybergates
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Easy choice here. TJD > DD. 

There's really nothing else to add. When TJD comes back we have no room for DD. Where did the Leal paying his own way thing come from? 

Aside from message board rumors, why do people think Kopp won't return either? I think he's made it clear he is coming back. 

In college basketball, recruiting never stops. Doesn't matter if your roster is full at the time or not. You ALWAYS have contigency plans. So the fact that we were actively recruiting DD and McNeil really doesn't tell me one thing or another.

IU would take DD even if TJD is coming back. That is a fact. Leal was never going to be a walk-on. That was a load of crap and never realistic. Kopp will also be back. Until DD and TJD make decisions nothing is set in stone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

IU would take DD even if TJD is coming back. That is a fact. Leal was never going to be a walk-on. That was a load of crap and never realistic. Kopp will also be back. Until DD and TJD make decisions nothing is set in stone. 

Fact how? Who would leave? Everyone just assumes Duncomb...why? 

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Fact how? Who would leave? Everyone just assumes Duncomb...why? 

Woodson wants DD and if someone has to go that'll be Woodson's decision if things play out that way. Things have to shake out that way though and there's still 2 different decisions that need to be made in DD and TJD. Woodson has made it clear to people he wants DD because he doesn't feel they have a guy on the team that can guard elite wings and he thinks DD can. I think DD will go somewhere else though since it's looking more and more like he wants some $$$$ for his services. I get all kids do but things are getting a little crazy after the Pack commitment. 

Edited by DC2345

We will have to disagree. Yes Woodson wants DD, but I don't think he would show anyone the door for him if TJD comes back. I would love to know who you think he would tell to get lost? It certainly wouldn't be any of our current guards. Logans name has been getting brought up for literally no reason. He's a good player. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Woodson wants DD and if someone has to go that'll be Woodson's decision if things play out that way. Things have to shake out that way though and there's still 2 different decisions that need to be made in DD and TJD. Woodson has made it clear to people he wants DD because he doesn't feel they have a guy on the team that can guard elite wings and he thinks DD can. I think DD will go somewhere else though since it's looking more and more like he wants some $$$$ for his services. I get all kids do but things are getting a little crazy after the Pack commitment. 

He isn’t even remotely worth that much. He is a role player. It will be interesting but I would pass.