Transfer Portal 2022

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

He isn’t even remotely worth that much. He is a role player. It will be interesting but I would pass.  

Agree, but it doesn't really matter. It's not our money and there isn't an NIL cap per school or anything. So it doesn't really matter if DD gets $10K or $900K. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree, but it doesn't really matter. It's not our money and there isn't an NIL cap per school or anything. So it doesn't really matter if DD gets $10K or $900K. 

I get it but I wouldn’t pay him a lot.  Just not worth it.  If he can get more some other place good for him.  I would actually prefer that because he doesn’t move the needle on offense like we need to significantly improve.  

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Woodson wants DD and if someone has to go that'll be Woodson's decision if things play out that way. Things have to shake out that way though and there's still 2 different decisions that need to be made in DD and TJD. Woodson has made it clear to people he wants DD because he doesn't feel they have a guy on the team that can guard elite wings and he thinks DD can. I think DD will go somewhere else though since it's looking more and more like he wants some $$$$ for his services. I get all kids do but things are getting a little crazy after the Pack commitment. 

This is the thing with DD - even if he isn't an offensive upgrade over our wings last year, think how many games we lost late because the other team had a guy they could go to for buckets that we couldn't stop. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i hope so, but it's hard to imagine him playing over at least 10 of our guys.  how much can he show if he is the 11th man?  the 11th man only played in 17 games last season. 

The 10,000 hours of practice and workouts they'll have between now and then. Games have never determined playing time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

The 10,000 hours of practice and workouts they'll have between now and then. Games have never determined playing time. 

so i know you like to comment on every post, but are you saying that he'll be better than the 11th man?  are you saying he'll get more than 7.2mpg?  enlighten me with your brilliance please. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so i know you like to comment on every post, but are you saying that he'll be better than the 11th man?  are you saying he'll get more than 7.2mpg?  enlighten me with your brilliance please. 

I dont, actually. 

So... usually with any player, I assume, he will be evaluated during all of those hours from June to November to determine whether he should get a crack in the lineup or not. 

Not if he shoots well against Northern ILL in the last 10 mins of the game when we are up 25. 

But again.. don't quote me. It's, as usual, an opinion... I'd certainly hate to step on your toes 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Banks is to low.

TJD.

Race.

XJ.

Bates.

JHS.

JG.

Reneau.

Banks.

Galloway.

Kopp.

Gunn.

Duncomb.

Leal.

Based on the last 7 or so games of the season, X is way ahead of Race and it wasn't close.  If, huge if, X can play like that all season he's hands down 1st team conf.  Probably honorable mention all American.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm just hoping for another colossal battle between Scott and Btownqb.  maybe like 30 straight posts between the two arguing who will get more minutes between Galloway and Banks?  and... go!

No no no. Won't do that.

Wouldn't be ok feeling like I discussed IU basketball on an IU forum. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm just hoping for another colossal battle between Scott and Btownqb.  maybe like 30 straight posts between the two arguing who will get more minutes between Galloway and Banks?  and... go!

Are you alright because you seem very testy lately and you are coming off as a cranky person

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who I think is the most talented.  You know I don't think that highly of Galloway's game and I know you think he is a very good player.  I just wouldn't have Galloway in my top 8 in the rotation

You have 5 guys in your top 8 that can't handle the ball a lick. 

I'll bet TG plays triple to quadruple the amount of mins Banks plays in conference games next season. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You have 5 guys in your top 8 that can't handle the ball a lick. 

I'll bet TG plays triple to quadruple the amount of mins Banks plays in conference games next season. 

Better stop this discussion since we don't want to make certain posters upset about talking IU basketball. I am sure TG will play more and it is just my opinion on who I feel is better.  Also I feel that Banks will be a big surprise this year.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1