Transfer Portal 2022

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Better stop this discussion since we don't want to make certain posters upset about talking IU basketball. I am sure TG will play more and it is just my opinion on who I feel is better.  Also I feel that Banks will be a big surprise this year.

Was getting ready to post the same thing 🤣🤣🤣

I think JR Banks vs JR TG. Banks all day. Banks has loads more potential... but as it stands TG is our 1st or 2nd best perimeter defender and the other is our PG... who we obviously don't want to expose often because he has an ungodly bad reaching habit. 

I like Banks and Gunn a lot. I just don't see them playing much, and I believe that is a good thing!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Was getting ready to post the same thing 🤣🤣🤣

I think JR Banks vs JR TG. Banks all day. Banks has loads more potential... but as it stands TG is our 1st or 2nd best perimeter defender and the other is our PG... who we obviously don't want to expose often because he has an ungodly bad reaching habit. 

I like Banks and Gunn a lot. I just don't see them playing much, and I believe that is a good thing!

If some think this board is bad, they should go to rivals or the old peeg's site.  You were literally told f off and called every name in the book if you disagree with some people.  When I first got to Peeg's in the late 90's and had the nerve to say it might be time for RMK to move on.  An old timer Gorkjo literally wanted to meet me to kick my butt.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

If some think those board is bad, they should go to rivals or the old peeg's site.  You were literally told f off and called every name in the book if you disagree with some people.  When I first got to Peeg's in the late 90's and had the nerve to say it might be time for RMK to move on.  An old timer Gorkjo literally wanted to meet me to kick my butt.

Its fine. It is what it is. 

Back to TG... telling you, if we can play a more up tempo, hectic style at times... thats when he shines man. 

He's Rondo ish in that regard. He does EVERYTHING well, but shoot the basketball. Imo at 18-22mpg he's lethal. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Its fine. It is what it is. 

Back to TG... telling you, if we can play a more up tempo, hectic style at times... thats when he shines man. 

He's Rondo ish in that regard. He does EVERYTHING well, but shoot the basketball. Imo at 18-22mpg he's lethal. 

I just hope he learns not to leave his feet to pass with no where to go.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just hope he learns not to leave his feet to pass with no where to go.

Ehh that'll all change. 

Better spacing, more cutting, all of those Crean type things offensively. 

I get it though.. about once every two games he had a stupid bad TO. Agree. But.. he still only ended up at 1.5 per game. That isn't that bad.

Gotta take the bad with the good a little with him because of the "good" he can do for you. I think you can see his injures have for sure hindered some of his development. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

Just now, btownqb said:

Ehh that'll all change. 

Better spacing, more cutting, all of that Crean type things offensively. 

I get it though.. about once every two games he had a stupid bad TO. Agree. But.. he still only ended up at 1.5 per game. That isn't that bad.

Gotta take the bad with the good a little with him because of the "good" he can do for you. I think you can see his injures have for sure hindered some of his development. 

It was like that with Yogi as well because I hated when he drove baseline and jumped up to try to throw across court.

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

See... haha... I love it. We just have to cut off of it and understand the angles for him to be able to get us the ball.

I guess I am old school and use to the way RMK ran his offense. First very few drives with more than a couple of dribbles and no time you should drive the baseline.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yep.  Not sure why. 

Also just saw Jeff Goodman report Wichita State started an NIL collective and resulted in a player staying, so maybe he’s backing off his top 5 and reconsidering his options? Apparently TCU and Texas A&M reached out recently too. Frankly I’d be ok if this dragged out and we got word on TJD’s situation first.

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That is all the opposite of TGs strengths!

When the offense was clicking the motion offense was a thing of beauty.  All player movement and the ball moved with pass and not the dribble.  He wanted guys at least 15 foot apart to spread out the defense.  Also when you had guys that new how to move without the ball and use screens you wore out the other team.

Edited by IU Scott

6 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I think Gunn may come in and surprise us. 

And here in lies the scholarship solution if a problem arises.  I hear the NCAA is currently in emergency meetings.  Based on the current political/social environment, they are going to make it a violation to have a Kopp and a Gunn on the same team.  Someone's gotta go folks.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, IU Scott said:

Was he getting negative feed back from fans

Not sure, it’s really unclear. There were definitely fans vocalizing disinterest in him joining but I know his last like on his Twitter feed was an IU fan telling him to pin Bloomington as his destination cuz that’s his next stop.