Transfer Portal 2022

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On his show today DD said he talked to a HOF coach who is still coaching.  He told FD he will not allow a booster like Ruiz to just buy players.  He don't using NIL if it is used the way it is attended.

DF also said Ruiz bought those twin girls from Fresno St.  and the woman's coach was so upset that they quit the job.

Who quit?  Just checked and neither Fresno st or Miami women's coaches have quit.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Was just coming here to post this.  I think it's hilarious.

Ha, same here.  Saw the info below, came here to post it, discovered we already had hours of discussion posted.

Damn, we're good.

Miami guard Isaiah Wong will enter the transfer portal on Friday if his name, image and likeness (NIL) compensation isn't increased, his NIL agent told @DraftExpress and @jeffborzello on Thursday. https://t.co/zieoxJgel1

— ESPN (@espn) April 29, 2022

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On his show today DD said he talked to a HOF coach who is still coaching.  He told FD he will not allow a booster like Ruiz to just buy players.  He don't using NIL if it is used the way it is attended.

DF also said Ruiz bought those twin girls from Fresno St.  and the woman's coach was so upset that they quit the job.

Those twins had big NIL deals long before they came to Miami. 

• Like 2

Do I like the Wild West? No. Will we thrive in it? I think IU has a perfect blend of NIL opportunities and a Coach who actually knows what NBA players look like and will develop them. 

Our job is to create (which I believe Woodson already has) an environment where kids know their head coach understands what it takes to get the real payday which is the league.

Some of our comrades around the league need to focus on their own staffs creating that perfect blend. Multiple kids leaving each year. Easy to say NIL,etc....but usually there's something else as well. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On his show today DD said he talked to a HOF coach who is still coaching.  He told DD he will not allow a booster like Ruiz to just buy players.  He don't mind using NIL if it is used the way it is attended.

DD also said Ruiz bought those twin girls from Fresno St.  and the woman's coach was so upset that they quit the job.

Ruiz should have his picture in the urban dictionary next to "wealthy idiot".  You can just see the headaches he's already creating for Larranaga.  What an absolute buffoon. 

Is it not addition by subtraction when you lose one of your team leaders who is averaging 15 pts./gm to add someone from another team who was averaging a little more, will not have the chemistry immediately, and had already added to discord in the locker room. I think coaches are going to have to lay down some guidelines for their programs, before locker rooms implode. This will only lead to bickering & jealously, and ultimately hurt the product. For the record, I am for NIL.

Question: When our Adidas contract comes up, can Adidas start paying players since they are wearing product, and could this serve as part of our negotiations. I don't know since you could not do it only in basketball, but basketball shoes are very different from a consumer point of view comparison to football cleats. Your players are showcasing those shoes each time they are on the court.

Wonder if IU will entertain changing to Nike?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

This will only lead to bickering & jealously, and ultimately hurt the product.

Exactly.  It's like having similar employees, with similar results, but with 300% different incomes.

Anyone would question why they're being paid far less than others for the same, or even superior, results.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Do I like the Wild West? No. Will we thrive in it? I think IU has a perfect blend of NIL opportunities and a Coach who actually knows what NBA players look like and will develop them. 

Our job is to create (which I believe Woodson already has) an environment where kids know their head coach understands what it takes to get the real payday which is the league.

Some of our comrades around the league need to focus on their own staffs creating that perfect blend. Multiple kids leaving each year. Easy to say NIL,etc....but usually there's something else as well. 

hmm almost like someone might have predicted this

Edited by HooASUier
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

Is it not addition by subtraction when you lose one of your team leaders who is averaging 15 pts./gm to add someone from another team who was averaging a little more, will not have the chemistry immediately, and had already added to discord in the locker room. I think coaches are going to have to lay down some guidelines for their programs, before locker rooms implode. This will only lead to bickering & jealously, and ultimately hurt the product. For the record, I am for NIL.

Question: When our Adidas contract comes up, can Adidas start paying players since they are wearing product, and could this serve as part of our negotiations. I don't know since you could not do it only in basketball, but basketball shoes are very different from a consumer point of view comparison to football cleats. Your players are showcasing those shoes each time they are on the court.

Wonder if IU will entertain changing to Nike?

I pray for this every day

• Like 1

Can't figure out the story here. Some kid who just transferred to Illinois from Texas Tech....but really wanted to go to Michigan.  Was denied by Michigan admission standards but allowed at Illinois. 

Hunter Dickinson took to twitter but deleted but it's still out there. Hopefully someone will come along and clean up but the way I'm reading things is Adams had no problem if the kid went to Illinois....but didn't want him at Michigan. 

Edit-So what I found out is Michigan has strict transfer rules on class credits. Would have been easier to transfer as grad transfer....problem was Texas Tech wasn't allowing him to stick around and graduate this summer. 

Edited by Seeking6

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't figure out the story here. Some kid who just transferred to Illinois from Texas Tech....but really wanted to go to Michigan.  Was denied by Michigan admission standards but allowed at Illinois. 

Hunter Dickinson took to twitter but deleted but it's still out there. Hopefully someone will come along and clean up but the way I'm reading things is Adams had no problem if the kid went to Illinois....but didn't want him at Michigan. 

Edit-So what I found out is Michigan has strict transfer rules on class credits. Would have been easier to transfer as grad transfer....problem was Texas Tech wasn't allowing him to stick around and graduate this summer. 

So he should graduate from UI this summer and transfer to UM with his grad transfer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

College is such a scam lol

• Like 3