Transfer Portal 2022

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Exactly.  It's like having similar employees, with similar results, but with 300% different incomes.

Anyone would question why they're being paid far less than others for the same, or even superior, results.

Which is why you never tell someone you work with what you make or want to know what others are making. Work Sense 101.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? This only benefits employers to have employees not talk about this. 

I sure wouldn't want that.  I have two ladies that work admin assistant stuff for me.  One is clearly more talented and efficient (to me at least), but she hired in a year after the other.  I pay her a little more but I do still value the less efficient employee and I would not want to risk hurt feelings here.  I pay them both well and they are happy.  I feel like they are both fairly compensated for the work they produce, but I understand human nature, so I ask them to everyone to keep their payroll details confidential.

Same thing could easily apply to the NIL.  Company values player A over Player B and compensates accordingly.  Player B may not be objective and may disagree if they know everyone's comp.  inequity may be fair or unfair, but if everyone knows everyone's comp, you get the sh*tstorn that is brewing in Miami.

Sidenote:  Miami is probably not the best example as it appears to me that the inequity is probably NOT commensurate withy the various players' relative value, but even if everything was relatively fair, having players openly comparing notes may lead to misplaced feelings of unfairness.

Hopefully, that makes some sense, but no...I think employees comparing compensation is just going to cause problems even when the employer truly feels they are fairly compensating everyone.

5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Simple question since I’m up and feelin okay…would you trade any player on our roster comparable to brooks talent, for brooks? 

its gonna be a huge discussion for a few days so let’s keep it hot in here 

image.gif.a1f34e4908fb9725f8c2c292ea52998b.gif

….wait, no….I definitely don’t want to to see that. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Simple question since I’m up and feelin okay…would you trade any player on our roster comparable to brooks talent, for brooks? 

its gonna be a huge discussion for a few days so let’s keep it hot in here 

If CMW goes after him, I’m all for it. It means he thinks he can make the team better!

• Like 1