Transfer Portal 2022

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hard pass on KB. Maybe Dad can explain why things haven't turned out as well.

Pass on Brooks.  I wanted him out of high school.  That was ages ago.  He doesn't fill a long or short-term need.

However, here's what one poster said on the Kentucky board:

"I actually think he will be an All-American in his one and only season in Indiana, before becoming a late first round pick in 2023.

Cal failed to develop him and mishandled coaching him, Brooks has elite athleticism and when he used it he looked incredible here, I find it hard to believe Woodson won't tell him he has to use it if he wants to play in the NBA.

Best wishes, I hope we don't have to play Indiana next year."

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Simple question since I’m up and feelin okay…would you trade any player on our roster comparable to brooks talent, for brooks? 

its gonna be a huge discussion for a few days so let’s keep it hot in here 

I would personally take Brooks over some guys on our team, but recognize that’s a debatable point. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I sure wouldn't want that.  I have two ladies that work admin assistant stuff for me.  One is clearly more talented and efficient (to me at least), but she hired in a year after the other.  I pay her a little more but I do still value the less efficient employee and I would not want to risk hurt feelings here.  I pay them both well and they are happy.  I feel like they are both fairly compensated for the work they produce, but I understand human nature, so I ask them to everyone to keep their payroll details confidential.

Same thing could easily apply to the NIL.  Company values player A over Player B and compensates accordingly.  Player B may not be objective and may disagree if they know everyone's comp.  inequity may be fair or unfair, but if everyone knows everyone's comp, you get the sh*tstorn that is brewing in Miami.

Sidenote:  Miami is probably not the best example as it appears to me that the inequity is probably NOT commensurate withy the various players' relative value, but even if everything was relatively fair, having players openly comparing notes may lead to misplaced feelings of unfairness.

Hopefully, that makes some sense, but no...I think employees comparing compensation is just going to cause problems even when the employer truly feels they are fairly compensating everyone.

I completely understand why you, as an employer wouldn’t want that.

I even believe a lot of employers think they pay their employees all fairly. And I’m not saying I think all employees should be compensated the same, but I think the more we talk about it and have data around it the better it is for labor and for employees; that inherently is worse for employers and is why employers push hard against this IMO. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Simple question since I’m up and feelin okay…would you trade any player on our roster comparable to brooks talent, for brooks? 

its gonna be a huge discussion for a few days so let’s keep it hot in here 

Maybe we can help him get a Brooks Ketchup NIL deal and he can pay his way here as a walk on 😂. Otherwise, he’s not some first team all American talent you’d be dumb to not try and add to your roster. His skill set isnt really filling in any gaps we need. 

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I even believe a lot of employers think they pay their employees all fairly. And I’m not saying I think all employees should be compensated the same, but I think the more we talk about it and have data around it the better it is for labor and for employees; that inherently is worse for employers and is why employers push hard against this IMO. 

You should try having your salary a matter of public record...

That makes for a happy workforce...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't figure out the story here. Some kid who just transferred to Illinois from Texas Tech....but really wanted to go to Michigan.  Was denied by Michigan admission standards but allowed at Illinois. 

Hunter Dickinson took to twitter but deleted but it's still out there. Hopefully someone will come along and clean up but the way I'm reading things is Adams had no problem if the kid went to Illinois....but didn't want him at Michigan. 

Edit-So what I found out is Michigan has strict transfer rules on class credits. Would have been easier to transfer as grad transfer....problem was Texas Tech wasn't allowing him to stick around and graduate this summer. 

I guess Dickinson and Jace Howard put up tweets regarding the way Texas Tech Coach Mark Adams handled Shannon's situation... 

Screenshot_20220430-073413.thumb.png.6fd3a72c0e4308d1e69ed1e18687eb43.png

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Brian Snow is the recruiting coordinator at Penn State now.

Penn State also named former IU football player, and a guy many IU fans wanted as AD when Dolson was hired, Pat Kraft as their new Athletic Director...

From what I've read, great hire for them...

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Anyone can find my pay scale on the internet.  

My wife's too.  It's not that big a deal to many in public service.  

I understand what you're saying, but pay scale is one thing. Exact dollar amount is another. 

The group I'm in knows exactly what their peers, managers, and subordinates make. It can be a challenge when the ratings period comes around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I understand what you're saying, but pay scale is one thing. Exact dollar amount is another. 

The group I'm in knows exactly what their peers, managers, and subordinates make. It can be a challenge when the ratings period comes around.

Base salary is one thing.  Working holidays, catching the officer seat or bumping up and driving, doing overtime changes things.  There are a few guys that work so much overtime they more than double their base pay.  Highest paid city employees are firefighters and a few cops.  They also work 48 hours straight usually on Saturday and Sunday while also doing 36 hour shifts during the week. 

And as you know a teachers pay scale doesn't vary and is easy to find those on a school's website.  

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

All due respect, but have  to disagree. Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, knowing each other’s salary just leads to bruised feelings and possible discord. Not with everyone but it only takers a few to create a negative atmosphere 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

All due respect, but have  to disagree. Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, knowing each other’s salary just leads to bruised feelings and possible discord. Not with everyone but it only takers a few to create a negative atmosphere 

Sure, I don’t disagree. But it puts pressure on employers to do the right thing with how they pay their employees, and that’s a good thing isn’t it?

17 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

Right.  This belongs in Cresters Corner but real time pay data among a workforce will create dissension even if every analytic says all employees are compensated completely fairly.  Too many employees are incapable of comparing skills vs. compensation 100% objectively. Lots of pay data on the web without employees comparing paystubs all the time.  That's just a recipe for resentment and hurt feelings.  If you are satisfied with your employer-employee relationship, stay.  If you aren't, by all means, see what's out there.

That's all I'll say here as I've gone too far off course already.

45 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

Agreed.  I work weekend shift 36 hours a week and get paid very handsomely. The weekday people are jealous of us weekend people because we get paid more and get 4 days off a week. The night shift weekend people get a 20% shift differential. Us day shift people only get 15% 😁

There are two sides to every story

when he entered the portal TT and coach Adams owes him nothing more until the semester is up. It becomes his responsibility for his choices. 

we as a society have seem to forgotten we have choices and consequences for our choices. Quit blaming blaming others for your decisions 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2