Transfer Portal 2022

8 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"Likekele isn’t exactly a dead-eye shooter, having knocked down just 18.2 percent of his 3-point attempts, 53.6 percent of his free throws and 43.7 percent of his shots from the floor overall last season, but he remains an asset in a multitude of ways nonetheless."

Great....that means he'll go 8 of 9 from 3 and 15 of 17 from the fouls line against the Hoosiers....can't wait....🤬

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Shew.. here we go... 🤣🤣

But I am in favor of essentially not calling traveling, palming... unless it's egregious, which imo is what they do now. 🤷‍♂️

I just don't think officials are very good at calling it, so I prefer "less is more" type thing, rather then them calling "travels" that aren't travels. 

One of the most frustrating calls a ref can get wrong is when they call a travel/carry/palming/etc. that is not there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

In general I think NFL officials do a good job and NBA in general isn't bad. 

concur

I think if the NFL would get out of the officials way (making stupid rule changes)... they would even be a little bit better then they are now. NBA seems to have been gradually getting better for a while now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

concur

I think if the NFL would get out of the officials way (making stupid rule changes)... they would even be a little bit better then they are now. NBA seems to have been gradually getting better for a while now. 

A huge step this year for the NBA was eliminating all of the baiting of fouls they used to let offensive players get away with. 

It's not completely out of the game, but they have really reduced letting shooters leap into defenders and calling the foul, letting drivers yank their head back to bait fouls and letting drivers basically hook the defensive players arm to bait fouls.

They also eliminated the sweep and lift where the guy with the ball would sweep through the defenders arm and then flail to draw a shooting foul. They still call the foul but it's not shooting anymore, which has reduced offensive players even doing it.

Along with being out of shape, I actually think these rule changes are a huge reason why James Harden has fallen off so much. 

But, these changes have really improved the NBA this season. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

Shew.. here we go... 🤣🤣

But I am in favor of essentially not calling traveling, palming... unless it's egregious, which imo is what they do now. 🤷‍♂️

I just don't think officials are very good at calling it, so I prefer "less is more" type thing, rather then them calling "travels" that aren't travels. 

I think it's more along the line of players are traveling/palming so much that the refs would have to constantly be calling it if they actually tried to enforce it.  Then fans would get pissed because the game would become a whistle/turnover fest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I think it's more along the line of players are traveling/palming so much that the refs would have to constantly be calling it if they actually tried to enforce it.  Then fans would get pissed because the game would become a whistle/turnover fest.

And refs call it incorrectly as much as they call it correctly. 

I haven't noticed an abundance of traveling or palming. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

A huge step this year for the NBA was eliminating all of the baiting of fouls they used to let offensive players get away with. 

It's not completely out of the game, but they have really reduced letting shooters leap into defenders and calling the foul, letting drivers yank their head back to bait fouls and letting drivers basically hook the offensive players arm to bait fouls.

They also eliminated the sweep and lift where the guy with the ball would sweep through the defenders arm and then flail to draw a shooting foul. They still call the foul but it's not shooting anymore, which has reduced offensive players even doing it.

Along with being out of shape, I actually think these rule changes are a huge reason why James Harden has fallen off so much. 

It will be interesting to see how Harden adjusts - he's getting old and as you said, he's a fat boy. But he also become the elite, MVP player he was because he found every way to maximize for what the game allowed and I think he has the basketball IQ to find some way to adapt. He's not going to get back to where he was, but I still think he can be a number 2 to Embiids number 1, if they're ever both healthy at the same time in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

My perception is a lot of basketball fans think things are travels/carries/palming when they aren't, There's obviously times those are missed, but I hear a lot of complaints about it when it isn't there, too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

concur

Stop focusing on taunting and stupid shit like that and the NFL is pretty decent.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's not completely out of the game, but they have really reduced letting shooters leap into defenders and calling the foul, letting drivers yank their head back to bait fouls and letting drivers basically hook the offensive players arm to bait fouls.

The James Harden with the throw head back isn't getting him 30 free throws a game, lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

My perception is a lot of basketball fans think things are travels/carries/palming when they aren't, There's obviously times those are missed, but I hear a lot of complaints about it when it isn't there, too. 

Honestly every guard/wing carries the ball all the time.  Some of the best players who have that great crossover carry the ball every single time the do.  I don't care though.  As long as it's not egregious it shouldn't be called 

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It will be interesting to see how Harden adjusts - he's getting old and as you said, he's a fat boy. But he also become the elite, MVP player he was because he found every way to maximize for what the game allowed and I think he has the basketball IQ to find some way to adapt. He's not going to get back to where he was, but I still think he can be a number 2 to Embiids number 1, if they're ever both healthy at the same time in the playoffs. 

Agree on all fronts. At the risk of turning this into an NBA discussion, the other issue the Sixers and Harden are having is that they haven't surrounded Harden with shooters, which is something he needs for spacing, especially while being a step slower. 

Danny Green is cooked, and Niang and Thybulle aren't shooters. They really need Seth Curry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree on all fronts. At the risk of turning this into an NBA discussion, the other issue the Sixers and Harden are having is that they haven't surrounded Harden with shooters, which is something he needs for spacing, especially while being a step slower. 

Danny Green is cooked, and Niang and Thybulle aren't shooters. They really need Seth Curry. 

to get even further off topic, who names their sons Seth and Steph? C'mon Dell!

• Haha 3