Transfer Portal 2022

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I understand stand them but that is where the disconnect comes because things we seen called for years are now just a normal move.

Why is there a disconnect? Rules and interpretations change in sports and at different levels of sports. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Aye! we're back!!

I'm sure everyone that tweets has seen this by now but ill drop it here for those who dont...

He's definitely getting more air under his shot than we were use to seeing...

Love to see him come back, but either way, one of my all time favorites...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

He's definitely getting more air under his shot than we were use to seeing...

Love to see him come back, but either way, one of my all time favorites...

If he doesn't get drafted first round and comes back shooting like that in games consistently, he's gonna be a lottery pick.

• Like 6

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-to-soon-pass-name-image-and-likeness-rules-targeting-boosters-offering-inducements-to-athletes/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

Hopefully this can be implemented but I have my doubts.

Also was it me or was this board down for lat 20 hours.  I thought maybe it was just my phone but was able to get on other websites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-to-soon-pass-name-image-and-likeness-rules-targeting-boosters-offering-inducements-to-athletes/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

Hopefully this can be implemented but I have my doubts.

Also was it me or was this board down for lat 20 hours.  I thought maybe it was just my phone but was able to get on other websites.

Not just you...it was down.  Maybe we all need to hit the donation link again to keep the lights on here...😜

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Moneybags Matta got ya, huh? Tough luck...

Honestly don’t know how this played out.  
If he got some extra 💰 good for him 

The 3 seniors all said this year was their last….but maybe NIL & Covid year changed things 

4 year player leaves with degree….a rarity 

do you think 20% of players going forward stay 4 years at the same school…..maybe if they are paid 

On 5/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, KoB2011 said:

This is a high school rule discussion you posted, what is the relevance?

And I only made it through the first two examples but he’s wrong on the second one. 

I’m being honest…is the rule for carrying the ball different in HS and pro? If it is fine by me. I honestly didn’t know…but was always told of you take your hand under the  bottom half of the ball and lift it and put it down that is a travel. I fully understand some peoples hands are bigger than others and fingers will naturally extend past the half way point and I’m not really talking the borderline ones…don’t expect those called but there are some really egregious ones not called almost every trip down. Like I said it’s part of the game and would interrupt the flow so it is the new unwritten rule to allow it…but my gosh it gives an offensive player a ton of leverage over the defender. As far as rules go no offense but I’ll take the interpretation of a national rules trainer over my opinion…as it is border line but when he explained it made sense to me. Anyways…moot point…it isn’t enforced ever…so it’s a dead rule regardless.

Never called…ever and I see this stuff in the nba all the time…although this might be the worst I’ve seen it.

What I do see people call for palming/carrying a lot that isn’t is when players use a really forceful dribble nowadays and let’s the ball come up and almost float on their hand (but their hand stays above the ball…never coming under it). It looks like it is carrying but it isn’t and I agree people don’t understand the rule with that one…but I’m honestly just talking taking your hand under it and turning it back over and dribbling. I see KD do it a ton…and just about every big in the post does it when backing down an opponent…see that a ton. If the rule is different than I’m just outdated…but I’m pretty sure it’s just not an emphasis and nba and college etc don’t want to take away these moves and the advantage for the offense.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Inequality said:

Aye! we're back!!

I'm sure everyone that tweets has seen this by now but ill drop it here for those who dont...

Saw this and hope he can find a consistent jump shot. TJD has been great for IU and regardless of what he chooses, hope he finds success in the NBA when he goes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

The 3 seniors all said this year was their last….but maybe NIL & Covid year changed things 

Do you feel like this reflects poorly on Painter in any way? I don't think it does, but I guarantee if we had a 4 year guy who said he'd be done after the season only to end up at Butler, the Twitterverse would be screeching about how this must mean there's a problem in our program, the coaches pushed him out, discontent behind the scenes, etc. But it happens at Purdue and it's just a kid who changed his mind looking to move on.