Transfer Portal 2022

On 5/6/2022 at 8:47 PM, Purdue7 said:

Honestly don’t know how this played out.  
If he got some extra 💰 good for him 

The 3 seniors all said this year was their last….but maybe NIL & Covid year changed things 

4 year player leaves with degree….a rarity 

do you think 20% of players going forward stay 4 years at the same school…..maybe if they are paid 

Now it looks like Purdue is whiffing on Tyrese Hunter too...

Dang, bad luck is dogging you guys...huh?

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Now it looks like Purdue is whiffing on Tyrese Hunter too...

Dang, bad luck is dogging you guys...huh?

There was never a chance on him….he wants big NIL money!  

purdue will end up with a PG who isn’t offered big NIL deal….plenty of them out there 

but we’ll get a guy who buys in…..not a$400,000 problem fitting in with the rest of the team 

On 5/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, TheWatShot said:

Do you feel like this reflects poorly on Painter in any way? I don't think it does, but I guarantee if we had a 4 year guy who said he'd be done after the season only to end up at Butler, the Twitterverse would be screeching about how this must mean there's a problem in our program, the coaches pushed him out, discontent behind the scenes, etc. But it happens at Purdue and it's just a kid who changed his mind looking to move on. 

I honestly don’t know how it went down.  90% of Purdue fans would have welcomed him back after Pack 💰deal 

wish him nothing but the best….will be rooting for butler as usual 

going forward rosters will be fluid 

7 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

We generate some from guests only. Guests see ads now. Registered members, we want to keep clean. 

Just my 2 cents. I know we love an AD free site but hard to turn down the money to cover operating costs and a little extra. I for one would never stop coming here just because of ads. It's the members and the control of the board that brings me here....not if someone wants to make some $ in the mean time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my 2 cents. I know we love an AD free site but hard to turn down the money to cover operating costs and a little extra. I for one would never stop coming here just because of ads. It's the members and the control of the board that brings me here....not if someone wants to make some $ in the mean time. 

I would be fine with a banner ad across the top/bottom of the board.

I would have problems with pop-up ads every 5 seconds 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I was using my old laptop for a few days and noticed ADs. Realized it wasn’t set up to auto sign in. You could always go that way if you want to support!

• Like 1

I didn't know where to put this, but the NCAA board of directors released this today....

The Division I Board of Directors on Monday issued guidance to schools regarding the intersection between recruiting activities and the name, image and likeness environment.

Board members emphasized a continued support for the ability of student-athletes to benefit from their name, image and likeness. The guidance is intended to provide clarity for those engaging in a rapidly evolving NIL environment, acknowledging that the environment will continue to evolve, and ongoing attention will be needed to ensure student-athletes are able to benefit from these opportunities.

The guidance was developed by a task force of national leaders with student-athlete opportunity at the forefront of discussions. Specifically, the guidance defines as a booster any third-party entity that promotes an athletics program, assists with recruiting or assists with providing benefits to recruits, enrolled student-athletes or their family members. The definition could include “collectives” set up to funnel name, image and likeness deals to prospective student-athletes or enrolled student-athletes who might be considering transferring. NCAA recruiting rules preclude boosters from recruiting and/or providing benefits to prospective student-athletes.

The guidance is effective immediately. For violations that occurred prior to May 9, 2022, the board directed the enforcement staff to review the facts of individual cases but to pursue only those actions that clearly are contrary to the published interim policy, including the most severe violations of recruiting rules or payment for athletics performance. Schools are reminded of their obligation to report any potential violations through the traditional self-reporting process.

“Today, the Division I Board of Directors took a significant first step to address some of the challenges and improper behaviors that exist in the name, image and likeness environment that may violate our long-established recruiting rules. While the NCAA may pursue the most outrageous violations that were clearly contrary to the interim policy adopted last summer, our focus is on the future. The new guidance establishes a common set of expectations for the Division I institutions moving forward, and the board expects all Division I institutions to follow our recruiting rules and operate within these reasonable expectations,” said board chair Jere Morehead, president, University of Georgia.

The board noted that the emphasis of this NIL guidance is on boosters in the recruiting process and is not intended to question the eligibility of prospective and enrolled student-athletes involved in NIL deals. Only the most serious actions that clearly violate the previously published interim policy would have eligibility implications.

The board adopted the interim guidance last summer with an understanding that they would consider further guidance as the name, image and likeness environment developed. This additional guidance is appropriate now as there is better understanding about the impact on student-athletes. Board members also urged schools to investigate, detect and self-report violations and cooperate with the NCAA enforcement staff as they investigate.

Board members acknowledged that more work must be done and asked the Division I Council to continue exploring additional measures to better ensure name, image and likeness opportunities align with NCAA values and protect the well-being of student-athletes.