Transfer Portal 2022

55 minutes ago, BDB said:

Luke Brown back to Stetson.  IU/Norte Dame/ Butler/ Stetson/ BSU/ Stetson and info on the matter?   Seems odd that he would go back there after leaving abruptly. 

45 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Jalen Blackman joining him as a Hatter

How about that for a crazy p[lot twist...?  Wasn't there something about some player(s) on Stetson that were less than welcoming?  Maybe the locker room has been cleaned up.  Who knows, but I didn't see this one coming.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

How about that for a crazy p[lot twist...?  Wasn't there something about some player(s) on Stetson that were less than welcoming?  Maybe the locker room has been cleaned up.  Who knows, but I didn't see this one coming.

Looks like their top 3 scorers were guards, one listed as a senior and the other two transferred.

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Seriously though, just one of those "90%ers" opinion...

Are the players better? Undoubtedly 

Is the basketball better? Debatable 

Are there more divas/beefs/mock tough guys/drama? 😂

I don’t see what’s debatable about the basketball being better. They have better players, better coaches, they run better stuff, the officiating isn’t nearly as bad… I don’t see much argument that the basketball itself isn’t drastically better in the NBA.

It would be like arguing the NFL isn’t drastically better than college football. Doesn’t mean anyone who prefers college sports is wrong to prefer them, there’s plenty of great things to love about college sports. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t see what’s debatable about the basketball being better. They have better players, better coaches, they run better stuff, the officiating isn’t nearly as bad… I don’t see much argument that the basketball itself isn’t drastically better in the NBA.

It would be like arguing the NFL isn’t drastically better than college football. Doesn’t mean anyone who prefers college sports is wrong to prefer them, there’s plenty of great things to love about college sports. 

As I said, it's my opinion...

That said, of course they have better players...it's the Crème de la Crème of college basketball...

The rest of what you're saying is subjective with a lot of sub-arguments to each...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just because something is 'better' does not automatically make it more enjoyable to watch.  

Agree. 100% agree. 

But but but.... just because you (people) don't like the NBA doesn't lessen its superiority to college. NBA assistants are superior to 95% of college coaches...

It was laughable to read the types of coaches that people thought were better then CMW for example. 

There are some "really good college coaches" that I don't think can hang with CMW and company at all.  

The coaching/sets/everything is wayyyy better then college. So much better. So... thats fine, I like college basketball wayyyyy more, as well, but to not see the coaching superiority and development is simply being bias for no reason. Theres no competition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Proud to say I haven't watched a second of NBA garbage all season.

The last time I spent all season watching NBA was with the Pacers and the last few seasons of Reggie Miller and Co. Now that was some fun basketball to watch! If I couldn’t find it on tv, I listened to them on radio…🤩Good times!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

The last time I spent all season watching NBA was with the Pacers and the last few seasons of Reggie Miller and Co. Now that was some fun basketball to watch! If I couldn’t find it on tv, I listened to them on radio…🤩Good times!

Reggie from 3!! Boom baby!!!!

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

Yep!!!!! Good ol days!! That reminds me C…. Enjoying one of my favorite IPAs 😋.. VooDoo Rangers! Just got done mowing the yard.🤓

Watching some college baseball with Kate after some grilled brats and veggies!

Get your landscaping done!! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

As I said, it's my opinion...

That said, of course they have better players...it's the Crème de la Crème of college basketball...

The rest of what you're saying is subjective with a lot of sub-arguments to each...

Disagree, it’s not subjective that the coaching is better. It’s not that elite college coaches couldn’t figure out the NBA, it’s that the average coach couldn’t. We can see first hand that an average NBA coach seems to be able to figure out college just fine - the X and O stuff simply isn’t as complicated in college by a decent margin. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just because something is 'better' does not automatically make it more enjoyable to watch.  

I agree completely. Better and more enjoyable aren’t the same. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, academically, I know pro basketball is "better" as far as talent,experience and polish go, but I don't find it very enjoyable to watch so I rarely do.  The unpredictability of college ball makes it far more interesting to me.

You hit the nail on the head here for me, Fouls.

On baseball, I'm the opposite.  Enjoy both, but I enjoy the pro game more.   Strange dichotomy for me, but it's reality.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, academically, I know pro basketball is "better" as far as talent,experience and polish go, but I don't find it very enjoyable to watch so I rarely do.  The unpredictability of college ball makes it far more interesting to me.

You hit the nail on the head here for me, Fouls.

On baseball, I'm the opposite.  Enjoy both, but I enjoy the pro game more.   Strange dichotomy for me, but it's reality.

College basketball is getting harder to watch, at least the B1G is due to officiating and how games are called or not called.  NBA just seems like its on easy mode for everyone.  I do like how Ja Morant has become a super human since leaving college and i might actually watch him play some if i get the chance next year.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

College basketball is getting harder to watch, at least the B1G is due to officiating and how games are called or not called.  NBA just seems like its on easy mode for everyone.  I do like how Ja Morant has become a super human since leaving college and i might actually watch him play some if i get the chance next year.

I can't disagree with your distaste for the physical nature of the game and I blame Bo Ryan for starting that crap.  I still like college better, but I 100% get that particular frustration.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Agree. I'm not going to stop watching college basketball, I love college basketball. 

But with that said, after you take out the pageantry, rivalries, atmospheres for big games, etc., which I love, the actual game play on its own really isn't that good. 

Especially once you get into conference play, often times teams struggle to even score in the mid-60's and to shoot in the low 40's from the field. 

The lanes are clogged, there's no spacing, the paces are typically slow and the coaches way over-coach the game. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I'm not going to stop watching college basketball, I love college basketball. 

But with that said, after you take out the pageantry, rivalries, atmospheres for big games, etc., which I love, the actual game play on its own really isn't that good. 

Especially once you get into conference play, often times teams struggle to even score in the mid-60's and to shoot in the low 40's from the field. 

The lanes are clogged, there's no spacing, the paces are typically slow and the coaches way over-coach the game. 

How can that be because all I hear from the analytics that today's offense is way more effecient and better for the game.  All coaches need to stop micromanaging and let the players play with freedom.  The myth that RMK ran a slow down offense is just plain wrong and those people need to watch some old games to see what real offense looks like.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

maybe change the title of this thread?  i keep checking it out thinking something interesting happened with the transfer portal.  

I doubt there will be any IU news in the transfer portal so not much to talk about. Until we know what TJD decision is we have no room for another player.

• Like 1