Transfer Portal 2022

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

If he doesn’t play defense he won’t play much….unless he’s a lottery pick 

serious question…how does the best athlete in the Big Ten I’ve ever seen who was raised by a D1 basketball coach never learn or care to play defense?

who you referencing here?  I haven't read the whole thread

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Ivey is the best athlete in the B1G he has ever seen?  I mean i understand he was good but that is a bold statement.  Video because its the greatest missed dunk i have seen in a long long time

Yeah, perhaps a little hyperbole there with Ivey but I get the frustration when a player is talented but refuses to play defense. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Ivey is the best athlete in the B1G he has ever seen?  I mean i understand he was good but that is a bold statement.  Video because its the greatest missed dunk i have seen in a long long time

Don’t think I’d say best ever but he’s certainly toward the top of the list IMO. He’s freakishly athletic. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think I’d say best ever but he’s certainly toward the top of the list IMO. He’s freakishly athletic. 

I think his athleticism is somewhat underrated because his "athleticism" is moreso agility. His athleticism is moreso on display in terms of reverse layups, fade away jumpers (hanging in the air) and things of that nature.

Sort of like an MJ vs LeBron thing. Michael Jordan was a freak athlete, but people would moreso say LeBron is more athletic due to his athleticism is displayed by jumping over people, running people down and blocking shots well above the rim, etc. And he has freakish size. MJ was so agile, and used it getting sky hot on jumpers, fading right to left, etc.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ephul said:

I think his athleticism is somewhat underrated because his "athleticism" is moreso agility. His athleticism is moreso on display in terms of reverse layups, fade away jumpers (hanging in the air) and things of that nature.

Sort of like an MJ vs LeBron thing. Michael Jordan was a freak athlete, but people would moreso say LeBron is more athletic due to his athleticism is displayed by jumping over people, running people down and blocking shots well above the rim, etc. And he has freakish size. MJ was so agile, and used it getting sky hot on jumpers, fading right to left, etc.

What about all of his dunks?

On 6/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, rico said:

I can't imagine Painter going after a kid that he didn't feel wouldn't "fit" into his system.  

You could be right. But, it's clear he lost out on the kid he actually wanted (and probably thought he had wrapped up), so now he might be desperate. He wasn't left with many options after that kid picked Miami.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

You could be right. But, it's clear he lost out on the kid he actually wanted (and probably thought he had wrapped up), so now he might be desperate. He wasn't left with many options after that kid picked Miami.

He could have went after Emoni Bates?

• Haha 1