Transfer Portal 2022

Just now, 5fouls said:

Look Brown played for Ball State back in October.  The Portal page has him transferring from Stetson to Ball Stare. In other words, that is teh entry from October.   Older entries apparently do not get purged in season.   

I didnt know he transfered mid season. I stopped reading that thread around page 75. lol. Thanks for the update.

• Haha 1

Just now, Indykev said:

I didnt know he transfered mid season. I stopped reading that thread around page 75. lol. Thanks for the update.

I think he actually transferred at the beginning of the fall semester.  He apparently got some special exemption to be able to play 2nd semester.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Glad you caught the reference. I could talk football all day too. Was just promoted to DC at the high school I coach at. Love football, especially defense!

Sorry to those who have to read this and come at me for sidetracking the thread!

Congrats on the promotion!  That’s awesome. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Luke Brown played for Ball State this season.  The Portal page has him transferring from Stetson to Ball Stare. In other words, that is teh entry from October.   Older entries apparently do not get purged in season.   

You sayin they need some plunging?  Lol

Focusing on the positives for recruiting in the portal and High School.

When was the last time a player came back from their Sophomore season and actually went higher in the NBA draft. I am sure it happens, but not very often, in fact it usually goes the other way as the player falls down draft boards.

With TJD now expected to go late first round, early second round from being a player who would have gone undrafted last year, that is a feather in the cap for both coach and TJD, plus a really great recruiting nugget to use!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Iuprof said:

When was the last time a player came back from their Sophomore season and actually went higher in the NBA draft. I am sure it happens, but not very often, in fact it usually goes the other way as the player falls down draft boards.

With TJD now expected to go late first round, early second round from being a player who would have gone undrafted last year, that is a feather in the cap for both coach and TJD, plus a really great recruiting nugget to use!

Oladipo

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Iuprof said:

Paul George. Tyrese Haliburton, Cody Zeller. Theres a ton. 

Edited by btownqb

4 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Top 150 player from the Indy area decommitts from Louisville. Have to admit I’m not familiar with his game. Do know he was offered by Archie

6’7” 200….decent enough size. Has always been around that 130-140 rank nationally. Anyone know what his game is like? 

To me, getting an upgrade from a kid like Davis over Kopp would be key. We need shooters, no doubt. But Kopp is just too slow defensively.

The offense can afford one defensive liability if they can bring consistent shooting. Kopp's streaky shooting and consistent poor defense is key if we want to take the next step 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ephul said:

To me, getting an upgrade from a kid like Davis over Kopp would be key. We need shooters, no doubt. But Kopp is just too slow defensively.

The offense can afford one defensive liability if they can bring consistent shooting. Kopp's streaky shooting and consistent poor defense is key if we want to take the next step 

Have you seen Davis play?

55 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Top 150 player from the Indy area decommitts from Louisville. Have to admit I’m not familiar with his game. Do know he was offered by Archie

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/06/19/class-of-2022-forward-dante-davis-talks-iu-scholarship-offer/ but besides Louisville, I am pretty sure PU was the other favorite. 

59 minutes ago, ephul said:

Davis would be a project that might not play much as a freshman and his brother is an undersized PF. They’re going to play together. No thanks. 

• Like 1