Jump to content

Transfer Portal 2022


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Former Northwestern center Ryan Young to Duke...

Didn't see that coming...good luck getting PT with all the 5 stars...

Northwestern to Duke? I would say this man is wisely using basketball to get an amazingly strong education. Good for him!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Ruiz should have his picture in the urban dictionary next to "wealthy idiot".  You can just see the headaches he's already creating for Larranaga.  What an absolute buffoon. 

This guy isnt doing anything Larranaga doesnt know about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was wondering when the annual Keion rumors would kick in.  I guess we will know for sure here in the next 48 hours, right?  Deadline to enter the portal?

HE Already did, thats why he is being talked about.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2022 at 2:33 PM, Seeking6 said:

Do I like the Wild West? No. Will we thrive in it? I think IU has a perfect blend of NIL opportunities and a Coach who actually knows what NBA players look like and will develop them. 

Our job is to create (which I believe Woodson already has) an environment where kids know their head coach understands what it takes to get the real payday which is the league.

Some of our comrades around the league need to focus on their own staffs creating that perfect blend. Multiple kids leaving each year. Easy to say NIL,etc....but usually there's something else as well. 

 

 

Do you really believe this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. What part do you have an issue with? 

I hear Purdue fans give MP & Brantley credit for Carsen & Ivey….and all the big men.

to me it’s 3 things…god given ability, hard work & coaching a distant 3rd 
 

luck is a factor too….if it was 30 years ago TJD & Biggie are One & Done 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I hear Purdue fans give MP & Brantley credit for Carsen & Ivey….and all the big men.

to me it’s 3 things…god given ability, hard work & coaching a distant 3rd 
 

luck is a factor too….if it was 30 years ago TJD & Biggie are One & Done 

 

I agree with the point you're making but disagree with the timeline.

30 years ago? No. Then they would've been 3-4 years in college then a high draft choice.

20 years ago they would've been straight from HS or one and done.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I hear Purdue fans give MP & Brantley credit for Carsen & Ivey….and all the big men.

to me it’s 3 things…god given ability, hard work & coaching a distant 3rd 
 

luck is a factor too….if it was 30 years ago TJD & Biggie are One & Done 

 

Maybe it's me. I have no clue what you just responded with. You asked me do I really believe this. I said yes. You give me a history on MP and Brantley...

Maybe I'm confused. I said initially why I think IU is well positioned with our staff and NIL program,etc....and why I think a balance of NIL and good staff is important.

Funny part is I wasn't even indirectly talking about Purdue....but I guess you took it that way. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I hear Purdue fans give MP & Brantley credit for Carsen & Ivey….and all the big men.

to me it’s 3 things…god given ability, hard work & coaching a distant 3rd 
 

luck is a factor too….if it was 30 years ago TJD & Biggie are One & Done 

 

30 years ago they didn't have a lot of one and dones

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it's me. I have no clue what you just responded with. You asked me do I really believe this. I said yes. You give me a history on MP and Brantley...

Maybe I'm confused. I said initially why I think IU is well positioned with our staff and NIL program,etc....and why I think a balance of NIL and good staff is important.

Funny part is I wasn't even indirectly talking about Purdue....but I guess you took it that way. 

 

If our friend @Purdue7 needs the sanctity of a forum where gnashing of teeth and baiting of breath is in full tsunami mode over NIL, I can point him to one...  

 

Screenshot_20220430-191201~2.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw on BTB that Frankie Collins from UM had entered the Portal.  This happened a couple of days after UM got a transfer from Princeton.

Very surprising. I thought Collins was big in Michigan's plans, but with Llewellyn coming in from the portal, and Dug McDaniel (#70 Nationally) coming in from high school, I guess he didn't want to compete for the minutes...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If our friend @Purdue7 needs the sanctity of a forum where gnashing of teeth and baiting of breath is in full tsunami mode over NIL, I can point him to one...  

 

Screenshot_20220430-191201~2.png

I don’t go there much, but man is that place crazy. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Very surprising. I thought Collins was big in Michigan's plans, but with Llewellyn coming in from the portal, and Dug McDaniel (#70 Nationally) coming in from high school, I guess he didn't want to compete for the minutes...

Frankie will be highly sought after.  He looked great down the stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NIL SUCKS! The NCAA is at the blame!! Don't give the kids ( young adults ) any money for using them! Let MY COLLEGE SPORTS ALL GO! I don't like what has  BECOME OF MY FAVORITES SPORTS! But it is what I will  personally quit watching!!  I liked the IU non pro players! In my mind1 time paid you are a PRO! Just my own little rant from close to a 70 yr. old man! Go  IU out bid with CASH instead of Fan base and such! Sorry for rant! But to me it is the same as OLIMPIC SPORTS! I don't watch!

 

Edited by loviubb
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Very surprising. I thought Collins was big in Michigan's plans, but with Llewellyn coming in from the portal, and Dug McDaniel (#70 Nationally) coming in from high school, I guess he didn't want to compete for the minutes...

It wouldn’t be an off-season without Michigan getting an Ivy League transfer.  Obvious part of their strategy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It wouldn’t be an off-season without Michigan getting an Ivy League transfer.  Obvious part of their strategy.

Yep...Smith, Jones, (can I get an alias?) now Llewellyn...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, loviubb said:

The NIL SUCKS! The NCAA is at the blame!! Don't give the kids ( young adults ) any money for using them! Let MY COLLEGE SPORTS ALL GO! I don't like what has  BECOME OF MY FAVORITES SPORTS! But it is what I will  personally quit watching!!  I liked the IU non pro players! In my mind1 time paid you are a PRO! Just my own little rant from close to a 70 yr. old man! Go  IU out bid with CASH instead of Fan base and such! Sorry for rant! But to me it is the same as OLIMPIC SPORTS! I don't watch!

 

OMG. HTD has come back from the grave😁😁😁😁 Top of the world, ma!!!!VBG

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...