Transfer Portal 2022

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Only player in Oklahoma St history with over 1,000 points, 600 rebounds, 400 assists in his career. Solid defender as well.

"Likekele isn’t exactly a dead-eye shooter, having knocked down just 18.2 percent of his 3-point attempts, 53.6 percent of his free throws and 43.7 percent of his shots from the floor overall last season, but he remains an asset in a multitude of ways nonetheless."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"Likekele isn’t exactly a dead-eye shooter, having knocked down just 18.2 percent of his 3-point attempts, 53.6 percent of his free throws and 43.7 percent of his shots from the floor overall last season, but he remains an asset in a multitude of ways nonetheless."

Looking at those shooting numbers maybe nickname him Unlikekele? 

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’d argue that’s not palming, his hand isn’t under the ball it’s on the side. 

I was thinking carrying rather than palming.  It's marginal but was close enough for me to make the joke.

No matter...virtually no ref calls either palming or carrying anymore anyway.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I was thinking carrying rather than palming.  It's marginal but was close enough for me to make the joke.

Shew.. here we go... 🤣🤣

But I am in favor of essentially not calling traveling, palming... unless it's egregious, which imo is what they do now. 🤷‍♂️

I just don't think officials are very good at calling it, so I prefer "less is more" type thing, rather then them calling "travels" that aren't travels. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

89086202-3D9D-487F-BDFE-EF3C3570FD6C.jpeg

I can’t imagine the reaction if this dude takes the final scholarship and we have no room for TJD…

Unless some in-state kid like Leal volunteered his scholarship up if Dennis committed too, I don’t understand why we’re still involved here. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’d argue that’s not palming, his hand isn’t under the ball it’s on the side. 

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ok, it's the off season, and you sucked me in...

Screenshot_20220504-150610.thumb.png.10e338cd1807dcfc059792932fd1e7f7.png

a close up reveals that 3 fingers are on the bottom half of the ball. We may need replay to look at that middle finger, but palming could well be the call...or maybe carrying, I don't know...hard to tell...where's @jefftheref

Unless, of course, you're a Boiler...then the hand is Nijel Pack's and the ball is stuffed with money...

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, it's the off season, and you sucked me in...

Screenshot_20220504-150610.thumb.png.10e338cd1807dcfc059792932fd1e7f7.png

a close up reveals that 3 fingers are on the bottom half of the ball. We may need replay to look at that middle finger, but palming could well be the call...or maybe carrying, I don't know...hard to tell...where's @jefftheref

Unless, of course, you're a Boiler...then the hand is Nijel Pack's and the ball is stuffed with money...

It's close, but I can't remember the last time I saw carrying called at any level.  Just a small attempt at humor.  I'd have mad respect for @jefftherefif he's called it in the last ten years.

Props on the Pack reference as well...😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Shew.. here we go... 🤣🤣

But I am in favor of essentially not calling traveling, palming... unless it's egregious, which imo is what they do now. 🤷‍♂️

I just don't think officials are very good at calling it, so I prefer "less is more" type thing, rather then them calling "travels" that aren't travels. 

Officiating was sooooooooo much better in the 80's...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

I can’t imagine the reaction if this dude takes the final scholarship and we have no room for TJD…

Unless some in-state kid like Leal volunteered his scholarship up if Dennis committed too, I don’t understand why we’re still involved here. 

There's no way this guy is taken at the expense of pushing Trayce out.  If he chooses IU and Trayce doesn't stay in the draft, you can bet there's some coordinated NIL deal in the background for someone.