Jump to content

Transfer Portal 2022


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Another year of over hyped Gonzaga basketball followed by losing in the tournament when the lack of competition catches up to them 

Is it lack of competition or are they just overrated every year because of their previous year's record? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Hey, you're the one who touted them as offensive dynamos that were going to bridge the void from 66 ppg to what you have coming back...a whole 16 ppg!

Of course I kinda counted on you to figure that out, but I guess I should stop overestimating your intellect...

 

Uhh...no. You said it would be Hawkins and RJ having to score all those points. That's 2 guys. I pointed out that Shannon Jr and Mayer would also be there. Plus a few top 100 recruits, too. That's what happens in college hoops, guys leave and others step up. Someone scores all those points.

Not sure which is worse, your math or reading skills. 😂

Since you seem to think Illinois will only score around 30 ppg next year, care to place a wager? I'll take the over.... 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Uhh...no. You said it would be Hawkins and RJ having to score all those points. That's 2 guys.

You know, I've met some pathetically stupid Illinois fans in my day, but I believe you take the prize. 

The obvious to anyone but the dense (you) was that Illinois had 66 ppg to make up, and unless one or both of the players I cited (Melendez at 4 PPG and Coleman at 6 PPG) really upped their scoring, it would be, as I said, "difficult to get there." 

No one, anywhere, said that only those 2 were going to make up 66 PPG, and anyone who's not been measured for a fit to size dunce cap (like you) understands that. 

Anyone with half a brain, (not you) understands that other players will score. So you trot out your 2 prized transfers in Mayer (11 PPG) and Shannon (10 PPG). Good. I'm sure they'll get closer, but in my honest estimation, you're still not there yet. 

And anyone who knows anything about basketball (not you) understands relying on freshmen isn't the best strategy.

And I'll end with this...

I'm sure this post will upset some (hi @IowaHoosierFan!) and for that I'll apologize to him. I had decided to ignore your dumb ass this year, but it's obvious that you intend to bait me at every turn. So, if the mods are gonna let that slide, game on... 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yes

Cracks me up you are talking about a program who has been in the championship game two out of the last five years. You talk like they lose early every year but they at least make the sweet 16 most years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cracks me up you are talking about a program who has been in the championship game two out of the last five years. You talk like they lose early every year but they at least make the sweet 16 most years.

They get a top seed based on a record inflated by playing in an inferior conference. That makes their trip easier for the early rounds.

Put them in a Power conference, their record is not nearly as strong, and they are seeded appropriately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They get a top seed based on a record inflated by playing in an inferior conference. That makes their trip easier for the early rounds.

Put them in a Power conference, their record is not nearly as strong, and they are seeded appropriately 

They play a very difficult non conference schedule and usually beat those other top teams. Also their conference this year got 4 teams in the tournament so the conference was better this year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They get a top seed based on a record inflated by playing in an inferior conference. That makes their trip easier for the early rounds.

Put them in a Power conference, their record is not nearly as strong, and they are seeded appropriately 

Very similar to what UNLV used to be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Stop people.  Don't blame the mods for you calling people stupid and talking about their dumbass.

Blame yourself for not controlling the outbursts and let it go.

I was under the impression that the unwritten rule for other teams posters was that they were welcome, but they needed to be respectful as this was an IU board, and they should expect IU posters to occasionally portray their teams in a not so complimentary light.

Apparently I was mistaken...

 @BruceDouglas likes to comment on any perceived affront to Illinois. His "panties in a wad" comment to me doesn't seem respectful at all... 

 

I didn't "blame" the mods. I simply said if that's the way it's going to be, I'm fine with it. 

And, my apologies to the rest of the board. From now on, I'll promise to simply ignore his vacuous posterior... 

 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would bet Gonzaga would have won the Big Ten the last few years.

I'm not sure anybody is saying they wouldn't win the Big Ten but they'd more than likely have a few more losses and quite possibly not be a #1 seed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was under the impression that the unwritten rule for other teams posters was that they were welcome, but they needed to be respectful as this was an IU board, and they should expect IU posters to occasionally portray their teams in a not so complimentary light.

Apparently I was mistaken...

 @BruceDouglas likes to comment on any perceived affront to Illinois. His "panties in a wad" comment to me doesn't seem respectful at all... 

 

I didn't "blame" the mods. I simply said if that's the way it's going to be, I'm fine with it. 

And, my apologies to the rest of the board. From now on, I'll promise to simply ignore his vacuous posterior... 

 

Never said you had to be a pacifist or not belittle the Illini..

Just don't blatantly break the rules and force us to react. 

Come on man. You been here forever. You know how we roll.....why do this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm not sure anybody is saying they wouldn't win the Big Ten but they'd more than likely have a few more losses and quite possibly not be a #1 seed.

Yep...and have to deal with the physicality of the conference on a night in night out basis. I don't think they are built to handle that. 

Scattering games against top tier teams throughout their schedule is much different than playing the gauntlet that is conference scheduling in most Power conferences.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Never said you had to be a pacifist or not belittle the Illini..

Just don't blatantly break the rules and force us to react. 

Come on man. You been here forever. You know how we roll.....why do this?

BrilliantCloudyGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif.81cdca8ee64339e0591a11a75817ddf3.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...