Transfer Portal 2022

Some of the players entering the portal were quitting the sport anyways and I guess entered the portal just because; probably a small percentage but it does happen. Walk-ons also enter the portal and it's not surprising if they don't find new schools.

Both of those will skew the numbers.

3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Some of the players entering the portal were quitting the sport anyways and I guess entered the portal just because; probably a small percentage but it does happen. Walk-ons also enter the portal and it's not surprising if they don't find new schools.

Both of those will skew the numbers.

Right.  Didn't IU have a walk on that wound up going to IWU probably 5-6 years ago. So some of these kids may be going NAIA, some pro level of some sort like @IUFLA pointed out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Keyontae Johnson is leaving Florida for Kansas State.  He hasn't played since collapsing in a game in Dec 2020. Johnson indicates that he's been cleared to play, although Florida said that wasn't going to happen there.  I wonder what the real risk is of him playing. Hopefully he'll be fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Keyontae Johnson is leaving Florida for Kansas State.  He hasn't played since collapsing in a game in Dec 2020. Johnson indicates that he's been cleared to play, although Florida said that wasn't going to happen there.  I wonder what the real risk is of him playing. Hopefully he'll be fine.

I thought I read something where if he plays a certain number of games (10) his $5M insurance policy is void. Kid must really believe he's good to go!

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, Lurker said:

Kiyron Powell, 6'10" from Evansville is leaving Houston for personal reasons. Played sparingly his freshman year (Final Four year) and apparently sat out last season. Originally had offers from Cincy, Creighton. Iowa and Xavier.

Powell to Southern Indiana.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2