Transfer Portal 2022

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Oh i agree that the TO's for JG has to get better.  He turned it over way to many times

And just.. at senseless times. Times where he wasn't really pressured. 

I simply think he didnt handle the ball much in those situations, until now. 

Excited for the growth. He could probably stand to gain 5-10lbs too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I also wish Kopp would hit the road and his minutes would go to Leal and Bates but apparently that’s not going to happen. I’ll never understand that. He might get booed off the floor in some games next year. I’ve had about all I can take. 
And just to be clear I don’t plan on doing that. But literally every single IU fan I have talked to doesn’t understand why he played. 
And again probably a good kid but not a guy IU can and play and get where we want to go. 

Kopp has a chance to play a lot of minutes as a back 4 and some 3 next year if race does t come back. He fits that roll very well. He can stretch the floor as 4. Will have to work on rebounding. He is better perimeter defender than both race and Geronimo. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not as good as i thought it was but not terrible him. 

image.thumb.png.fca92a987edfa7dbeb6f4d642c89f2ec.png

I was talking about JG in the "3 of the last 4 comment". 

The first 19 games he shot like 13% lol 

The last 16 he was 42%. I think its reasonable to believe he hits the ground running 3pt shooting wise, next season. 

I like the way both of their shots look. 

31 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I would take JG the last 10 games over Race's last 10 games.  I feel like JG was getting better and having more impact per game minute than Race was toward the end of the season.  Felt like everyone was posting for JG to get more and more time while Race seemed to get more and more worn out.

Maybe JG can carry that improved play into next season but maybe not. Justin Smith is why I don't get too excited about players being able to do that, though. It seemed like every season he would start to play really well at the end of the season then revert back to his old self by the start of the next season and play that way until the last 5-10 games.

• Like 1

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

Maybe JG can carry that improved play into next season but maybe not. Justin Smith is why I don't get too excited about players being able to do that, though. It seemed like every season he would start to play really well at the end of the season then revert back to his old self by the start of the next season and play that way until the last 5-10 games.

Fair, but good coaching doesn't really allow that to happen, either. 

Every team in the country improved in the offseason, besides Archie Miller's teams. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was talking about JG in the "3 of the last 4 comment". 

The first 19 games he shot like 13% lol 

The last 16 he was 42%. I think its reasonable to believe he hits the ground running 3pt shooting wise, next season. 

I like the way both of their shots look. 

Sorry i thought you were talking about Race.  

• Like 1

Someone made the comment that Race might be moving on because he doesn't want to play the 5.

I wonder if that thought process is based on how we played this year? In how Trayce was mainly an inside player?

If I am reading things correctly, and not here saying I am, CMW is wanting to move the offense to more similar to what Miami was-5 out. In that scenario, Race wouldn't have to be what we had to be this year--at least offensively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

He was very noncommittal in hie Hoosier Hysterics interview.  If Race and Trayce come back it's hard to believe he'd get a starting spot. And apparently, per the HH guys, other programs are in his ear promising him a starting spot or possibly a spot at the 3. 

If that's the case, it's hard to blame him. Even if he loves being here (which seems to be the case). He's going into his junior year and he has NBA upside. The guy needs meaningful minutes. 

Isn't that a violation since he isn't even in the portal?

On 3/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, KDB said:

Has been expected for a while now. Hope he's able to get healthy and gain some maturity because he's a special talent. Will always be a fan of his game.

My guess is he ends up at Miami, maybe St Johns or Seton Hall also a possibility.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, IU Scott said:

Not a surprise so UI will have to replace a lot especially if Kofi leaves which I think he will.  They lose Frazier, Plummer,Williams and Curbello.

Yeah lots of change again thought this is actually less chaotic than last off season. 🤣

Pretty confident this staff will find the talent. Shannon Jr and Clark are 2 potential additions in the near term.

And Kofi is probably back again.

1 hour ago, 94hoosier said:

Kopp has a chance to play a lot of minutes as a back 4 and some 3 next year if race does t come back. He fits that roll very well. He can stretch the floor as 4. Will have to work on rebounding. He is better perimeter defender than both race and Geronimo. 

If kopp is playing 20 minutes a game next year I think we’re no better than this year. His perimeter defense is subpar at best and he gets lost ball watching too much then can’t make up for it because he can’t close out or to the rim. At least Jg can make up space. I feel like Kopp is a net negative. If he isn’t hitting 40 percent from 3 and shooting 4-6 threes a game he doesn’t need to see the floor imo. May not be a popular opinion but I’d give his minutes to leal, bates, Geronimo, etc. People talk about Leals defense being bad, which I think his ball pressure and perimeter defense and ball handling is better in the short spurts we’ve seen than Kopps. 

I was expecting Northwestern Miller Kopp at worst, and we got worse defense, worse shooting, and decisions made by a senior that our freshman were making too. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1215
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Yeah lots of change again thought this is actually less chaotic than last off season. 🤣

Pretty confident this staff will find the talent. Shannon Jr and Clark are 2 potential additions in the near term.

And Kofi is probably back again.

I thought I read Kofi was looking into agents?? Maybe I didn’t 

1 hour ago, 94hoosier said:

No thanks.

• Like 1