Transfer Portal 2022

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone think Bruce Weber angle of telling Pack to go to Purdue is the obvious play here? Hopefully we have a chance here but things seem like they are headed North. No sources just a gut feel after following recruiting for 30 years.

Weber already put in a good word for us it sounds like. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone think Bruce Weber angle of telling Pack to go to Purdue is the obvious play here? Hopefully we have a chance here but things seem like they are headed North. No sources just a gut feel after following recruiting for 30 years.

Exactly what’s happening.  He’s visiting Purdue this weekend or next weekend

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

All of this stuff is making it harder to enjoy the college game.

It really is, for me anyway.  I use to love as a kid when someone would graduate I always wondered who would take their role.  Then the next year would come and someone would fill in and hardly miss a beat.  Good old days are gone though.  No more waiting for anyone.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

It really is, for me anyway.  I use to love as a kid when someone would graduate I always wondered who would take their role.  Then the next year would come and someone would fill in and hardly miss a beat.  Good old days are gone though.  No more waiting for anyone.

Between the portal, social media and how the game is actually played on the court makes it less interesting to me.  I know it has happened for me on other sports as well.  I use to watch a lot of the NBA but today will only watch some Pacer games but nothing else.  I hope that I don't get to that point with the college game.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Between the portal, social media and how the game is actually played on the court makes it less interesting to me.  I know it has happened for me on other sports as well.  I use to watch a lot of the NBA but today will only watch some Pacer games but nothing else.  I hope that I don't get to that point with the college game.

I never missed a college game in the 90s, use to stay up and watch the west coast games too.  Game isn’t played the way I like anymore.  It’s still enjoyable but you don’t see a lot of growth from players anymore because they leave before they can.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Honestly i think it just happens with age.  My dad had the same kind of things to say as i grew and and we have the same thing to say as our kids grow up.  The game changes with the times and with the players and and younger fans.  Time always leaves older generations behind, in all things.  Its why its always called the good ole days.  Nothing we can do about it other than yell at kids to stay off our lawns.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I never missed a college game in the 90s, use to stay up and watch the west coast games too.  Game isn’t played the way I like anymore.  It’s still enjoyable but you don’t see a lot of growth from players anymore because they leave before they can.

Totally agree, I went to IU East in Richmond and it was a commuter college. On Mondays I would get home in time to watch the Big 8 game which is now the big 12. I then watched the Big West game at midnight since I didn't have class on Tuesday so I cod stay up late.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Honestly i think it just happens with age.  My dad had the same kind of things to say as i grew and and we have the same thing to say as our kids grow up.  The game changes with the times and with the players and and younger fans.  Time always leaves older generations behind, in all things.  Its why its always called the good ole days.  Nothing we can do about it other than yell at kids to stay off our lawns.

Very good point, my dad use to go to a lot of games and watched them but today he has no interest in watching sports.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Totally agree, I went to IU East in Richmond and it was a commuter college. On Mondays I would get home in time to watch the Big 8 game which is now the big 12. I then watched the Big West game at midnight since I didn't have class on Tuesday so I cod stay up late.

When I was a freshman at IU in 78-79, I had a small portable TV in my dorm room. I was able to get channel 2 out of Terre Haute and was able to watch a bunch of Indiana ST games during their undefeated season. I’d talk to other guys in the dorm about this amazing Larry Bird guy. They didn’t know who he was and didn’t care. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Might throw in baseball….which is why no one under 50 watches anymore.

Baseball has changed a lot and some of it not for the better.  There is no running in the game.  Most pitchers are lucky to get to the 6th inning. More strikeouts, more walks and more home runs.

• Like 1