Transfer Portal 2022

14 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Rumor has it Lander and Phinisee will be visiting Butler tomorrow.

Lander's quickness could be an asset in the Big East.  IU fans need to accept that Lander could really blossom in a different environment.  He's going to be a sophomore in both age and eligibility wherever he lands.  Plenty of time for him to put it together,  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Lander's quickness could be an asset in the Big East.  IU fans need to accept that Lander could really blossom in a different environment.  He's going to be a sophomore in both age and eligibility wherever he lands.  Plenty of time for him to put it together,  

I don't think KL is good enough to play in the Big East. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think KL is good enough to play in the Big East. 

100%. With the transfer portal allowing freedom to hop teams, Lander would be better off going to a team like Evansville (or a similar conference) and if he has success, just transfer after that.

He needs playing time, and he's not going to get a ton of it in a major conference.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ephul said:

100%. With the transfer portal allowing freedom to hop teams, Lander would be better off going to a team like Evansville (or a similar conference) and if he has success, just transfer after that.

He needs playing time, and he's not going to get a ton of it in a major conference.

Maybe it makes me the popular apologist word....but I'm really pulling for Lander. We did him zero favors in brining him to campus early.

Somewhere like Evansville...or maybe even a program like Illinois St? Some MVC type of school where tons of minutes and he can regain his mojo again with minutes. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ephul said:

Pretty sure they get one free transfer no penalty, the 2nd transfer, unless its a grad transfer has to sit a year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I agree with this.  When Woodson said he was hard on his point guards, I thought the writing was on the wall.  Lander seems like a great kid, but I've never been convinced he is one to thrive under "hard" coaching.  I think if he finds the right situation with the right coach, he can really be something special.

• Like 1

Wherever Khristian ends up I will be pulling for him.  But right here, right now I am skeptical of the young man living up to the hype he received while he was in HS.  Butler?  According to most metrics I saw the Big East was the best conference in the land.  He might be better off in MVC with Evansville, but somehow I feel he might be better off looking at the OVC or even the Horizon?  I just dunno but I hope he finds his niche.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Wherever Khristian ends up I will be pulling for him.  But right here, right now I am skeptical of the young man living up to the hype he received while he was in HS.  Butler?  According to most metrics I saw the Big East was the best conference in the land.  He might be better off in MVC with Evansville, but somehow I feel he might be better off looking at the OVC or even the Horizon?  I just dunno but I hope he finds his niche.

The Big East is a very tough conference and getting tougher with its recent coaching hires. That said if Matta likes Lander after seeing him up close for an entire year then I’ll trust his evaluation that he feels like he can get more out of him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Big East is a very tough conference and getting tougher with its recent coaching hires. That said if Matta likes Lander after seeing him up close for an entire year then I’ll trust his evaluation that he feels like he can get more out of him.

I think KL could break out at a lot of places. Honestly, if this board is any indication of the IY fandom at large, there was a lot of waffling between "he will be the greatest pg at IU since IT" to the "he will never play at this level".

The extremity of the views on his play probably are sub-optimal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I think KL could break out at a lot of places. Honestly, if this board is any indication of the IY fandom at large, there was a lot of waffling between "he will be the greatest pg at IU since IT" to the "he will never play at this level".

The extremity of the views on his play probably are sub-optimal.

At the end of the day KL showed us very little in his 2 years here.  If he can start for someone else next year I would call it a personal success on his part.  JMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

At the end of the day KL showed us very little in his 2 years here.  If he can start for someone else next year I would call it a personal success on his part.  JMO

KL did not have a lot of opportunities to show us a lot, but he made a few passes in those opportunities that made my interest piqued. He understands angles. 

But in terms of success, I would even say that playing meaningful minutes next year in p6 conference would be personal success. He still has 3 years of eligibility... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GaloisGroupe said:

KL did not have a lot of opportunities to show us a lot, but he made a few passes in those opportunities that made my interest piqued. He understands angles. 

But in terms of success, I would even say that playing meaningful minutes next year in p6 conference would be personal success. He still has 3 years of eligibility... 

Aside from the NW suspension, KL seemed to keep a good attitude and be a team player. That isn’t easy when things aren’t going your way…so hats off to him. I wish him much success wherever he ends up. My guess is he’ll end up being a fine college basketball player. Beyond that, who knows.

• Like 6

Just now, rico said:

Delray played meaningful minutes/started here.  If Lander approaches what Brooks did in his career, I would be impressed.

I know but Brooks came in with such fan fare after being only one of two high school players selected to try out for the national team.