Transfer Portal 2022

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

We don't exactly have a ton of open roster spots or holes.

Well maybe we should make some. You can't tell me we can't bring in a better player than MK. If we don't add anyone then we will basically have the same team as last year which will be pretty depressing in year 2 of the Woody era. And that is IF TJD comes back. Unless CMW has an ace up his sleeve then he must be really high on Banks being a big time scorer. Because that is what we need badly...scoring and shooting!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think Barnes is a better coach than Painter honestly. 

Purdue is a better team/program, close to home, knows guys on the team, Weber putting in a good word, will get as many shots as he wants, etc…

I think you're pretty off here.

Barnes > Painter

Purdue and UT are pretty on par.

He may not care about close to home, he did leave for Kansas once and he is mostly looking at things far from home.

Do we even know the Weber thing happened? If it did, do we think he cares?

He is leaving a situation he got as many shots as he wanted. He seems motivated by other things. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DunkinDipo said:

Well maybe we should make some. You can't tell me we can't bring in a better player than MK. If we don't add anyone then we will basically have the same team as last year which will be pretty depressing in year 2 of the Woody era. And that is IF TJD comes back. Unless CMW has an ace up his sleeve then he must be really high on Banks being a big time scorer. Because that is what we need badly...scoring and shooting!

We will gain JHS, Banks and Gunn while losing Durr, RP, Lander and Stewart.  That looks like a gain to me and we keep our best players while other teams lose their best players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Barnes > Painter

He may not care about close to home, he did leave for Kansas once and he is mostly looking at things far from home.

He is leaving a situation he got as many shots as he wanted. He seems motivated by other things. 

I don’t think Barnes is a better coach honestly but we can agree to disagree on that. 

Historically, Purdue and UT aren’t on par with each other. It’s been closer over the last 20 years but Purdue is the better program.

He went to Kansas State because that was his best offer. 

Who knows for sure why he’s leaving but I imagine Weber leaving played a big role. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t think Barnes is a better coach honestly but we can agree to disagree on that. 

Historically, Purdue and UT aren’t on par with each other. It’s been closer over the last 20 years but Purdue is the better program.

He went to Kansas State because that was his best offer. 

Who knows for sure why he’s leaving but I imagine Weber leaving played a big role. 

There's not much to agree to disagree on, you're just wrong. Barnes has over 750 career wins, has made a Final Four, has made 26 NCAA Tournaments, coached the best player on the planet, has coached Wooden Award winners, NBA champions. It is ridiculously lopsided in Barnes favor. 

History may favor Purdue but right now it's pretty even. I doubt Pack cares what happened when Gene Keady was coaching as much as he does that Barnes can call up KD. 

He may have went to KSU because it was his best offer, but if he is taking his best offer it isn't Purdue. Who could have stayed in state before and chose not to. 

But if he is truly motivated by getting as many shots as he wants instead of winning and getting to the league, then I hope Purdue does land a kid like that. I just don't think he is motivated that way. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

That list is tainted by Memphis...just laughable that he sees Penny as a coach.  He's got three real quality X/O guys there and the rest are unknowns/question marks and outright pretenders.

Also other then Gonzaga all are in the south, even though Kensucky is kind of border line southern. He must have his region he likes.

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Barnes > Painter

I think we can use the PU question about Tom Crean here. They like to argue he never did anything without Wade, but what has Painter done without Carsen Edwards?

The biggest things they have going for them regarding Pack is that they’re close to home and will give a guard the green light and never switch it.