Transfer Portal 2022

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Dawson Garcia headed back home to Minnesota....and good for him. Closer to home with all the family stuff is probably best move. 

Minnesota could be a factor in the Big 10 next year if they can get some depth...Battle and Willis are players, and Garcia has the talent...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Minnesota could be a factor in the Big 10 next year if they can get some depth...Battle and Willis are players, and Garcia has the talent...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Take that back...Willis is out of eligibility...

Mods.  Could you do something about this troll who keeps spreading false info.  :coffee:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

McNeil from WV visiting this weekend according to Jon Rothstein.

The Daily Hoosier said he's visiting, too.  Interesting.  Anyone have info on how we got a visit, when just a few days ago we supposedly weren't in his final six?

From April 11:

"Former West Virginia guard Sean McNeil has narrowed his options to six schools, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports - Cincinnati, Iowa, Louisville, Ohio State, Texas Tech, and Virginia."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rico said:

Iowa State's Tyrese Hunter enters the portal.

He is wanting a big NIL deal from the sounds of it. I would guess that he ends up at Kansas. Teams that aren't all in on the NIL better get started or fall way behind. No matter what someone's opinion on it is the NIL isn't going anywhere and is going to be as big a factor as playing time and fit when it comes to recruiting and transfers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Bates will hopefully be that guy.  if we get another from the portal i wish it would be the kid from WV.

I'm really not sure what McNeil would add moreso than Kopp would. Both are shooters that are "meh" on the defensive end. If we didn't have Kopp, I'd be all about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ephul said:

I'm really not sure what McNeil would add moreso than Kopp would. Both are shooters that are "meh" on the defensive end. If we didn't have Kopp, I'd be all about it.

BTW - i meant Tamar, not Emoni.  personally i don't want the WV kid or Dennis.  i want Kopp coming off the bench and Tamar and JHS starting.  

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

BTW - i meant Tamar, not Emoni.  personally i don't want the WV kid or Dennis.  i want Kopp coming off the bench and Tamar and JHS starting.  

The problem with that is, we really don't know what we're getting in JHS. Relying on JHS and Tamar could be dangerous if we are looking to take the next step. We've seen flashes of what Tamar can provide, but he's still relatively unproven.

I'd love to get Dennis. A veteran, athletic guy that loves defense. Good slasher and has a good shot. Shot it well as a freshman but regressed a bit for whatever reason. I think he fits in really well and would provide a ton of flexibility. We wouldn't have to rely on freshmen or unproven guys.