Transfer Portal 2022

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd agree with that.  Turnover is inevitable.  If the program is struggling, people get fired.  If a program is successful, other schools want your coaches.

Some disagreement is inevitable on any staff.  I just question whether some minor event has been blown out of proportion.  That's what I suspect at least.

Could very well be the case.  Just don’t like it when Rabjohns has heard or seen something.  If I can find the link I’ll share it so everyone can hear what he said.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Could very well be the case.  Just don’t like it when Rabjohns has heard or seen something.  If I can find the link I’ll share it so everyone can hear what he said.  

Thanks.  This is the kind of subject that seems to blow up in the off-season when we have nothing better to talk about...😂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think we can all assume Dane Fife did not come to IU without planning to stay a while.  I cant envision a situation where he's looking to move on.

I sure hope not, I was more excited about him than Woody to be honest.  That’s not a knock on Woody at all either, just a big Fife fan.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Just a guess: I think we will need to replace our entire front court besides Geronimo.

Most of those would not be a surprise, but I'd disappointed to see Logan Duncomb leave before getting another year with more minutes to see what he can do.  He reminded me a bit of Cody Zeller in what I saw of him in high school.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Most of those would not be a surprise, but I'd disappointed to see Logan Duncomb leave before getting another year with more minutes to see what he can do.  He reminded me a bit of Cody Zeller in what I saw of him in high school.

Totally agree.  Big guys notoriously often take some development time.  It happens all over the conference.  My only qualm is he should have redshirted.  It works for other schools over and over and it was effective for us in the past.  Logan would not profile as the type of player who would refuse to redshirt (he wasn't ready and he is not good enough to argue otherwise).  It was stubborn and useless that he didn't. But as a player, I don't find anything unusual or to panic about with Logan as a true freshman.  

I don't know if there is anything behind the scenes that is negative, but looking at him as a prospect, I would love to see him stay and develop.  Ditto on Lander.  I think there is hope and promise with both of them.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Totally agree.  Big guys notoriously often take some development time.  It happens all over the conference.  My only qualm is he should have redshirted.  It works for other schools over and over and it was effective for us in the past.  Logan would not profile as the type of player who would refuse to redshirt (he wasn't ready and he is not good enough to argue otherwise).  It was stubborn and useless that he didn't. But as a player, I don't find anything unusual or to panic about with Logan as a true freshman.  

I don't know if there is anything behind the scenes that is negative, but looking at him as a prospect, I would love to see him stay and develop.  Ditto on Lander.  I think there is hope and promise with both of them.

Duncomb would be all B1G his third year at Wisconsin after barely playing the first two years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sam Sessoms update...

"I've heard from schools from all levels but Michigan, Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Cincinatti, Arkansas, New Mexico, Iona, and George Mason are among of the schools. I'll probably make my decision in about a month."

4 Big 10 schools, but not us...which I'm ok with...

From Philly. Could see him at Rutgers for sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Paid assistants when you have 3 on staff seems akin to Walter Hobbs and his team of writers needing to bring in Miles Finch. Not sure I get it 

Hopefully they don't want to write about a peach. I think its lots of little things and when you feel that you bring a lot to the table yet your opinion may not hold the same or close value as someone not on staff maybe it rubs the person or people the wrong way. I have no exact details or the coaches that feel this way but I know that the loudest voice that gets the most attention for Woody is Wittman. 

4 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Paid assistants when you have 3 on staff seems akin to Walter Hobbs and his team of writers needing to bring in Miles Finch. Not sure I get it 

And I understand this could be an issue, but I would hope that all the coaches are mature enough to handle the situation without quitting. And I am sure there is some sort of disagreement, and I assume Ya is leaving for Louisville, but if Fife is taking off because of Wittman, then Woody's job needs to be reassessed, and I am 50% serious. My point is, although this might be an issue, is it such an issue where Fife would leave? If so, that's a problem. 

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

And I understand this could be an issue, but I would hope that all the coaches are mature enough to handle the situation without quitting. And I am sure there is some sort of disagreement, and I assume Ya is leaving for Louisville, but if Fife is taking off because of Wittman, then Woody's job needs to be reassessed, and I am 50% serious. My point is, although this might be an issue, is it such an issue where Fife would leave? If so, that's a problem. 

Forgot there's a Fife topic already. I am just semi skeptical of all this because it seems to be the same person reporting this again. Being unhappy with your role doesn't necessarily mean you are quitting. And if Rabjohns and one poster know this information, I would assume Woody knows this. And if not, he's not doing a very good job behind the scenes. The whole idea behind hiring Woody is to bring IU players etc together. If it's Wittman versus Fife, I am taking Fife every day all day, and Wittman should be telling Woody the same. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t know how to link here, but the interview is on The Fan’s website where the Kevin & Query podcasts are.  Just listened to it and Rabjohns did confirm that Randy Wittman and Jim Todd are paid consultants that Woody relied upon a lot, but he doesn’t know how the regular assistants felt about it.

Just now, IUJoe said:

I don’t know how to link here, but the interview is on The Fan’s website where the Kevin & Query podcasts are.  Just listened to it and Rabjohns did confirm that Randy Wittman and Jim Todd are paid consultants that Woody relied upon a lot, but he doesn’t know how the regular assistants felt about it.

I think assistants preferred to be more in the loop and someone ran with that as being unhappy. Not sure there is any animosity there but being heard and needed is part of a coach's ego for sure. I hope much ado about nothing but there is at least a little drama there

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think assistants preferred to be more in the loop and someone ran with that as being unhappy. Not sure there is any animosity there but being heard and needed is part of a coach's ego for sure. I hope much ado about nothing but there is at least a little drama there

I hope Woody understands going through assistants year in year out is not going to work in college. College is about recruiting/relationships, so you have to have assistant continuity otherwise recruiting is going to suffer and badly. He's new to the recruiting game but not coaching, so there's going to be some learning curves with recruiting and probably some stubbornness/trust issues when it comes to coaching. That's always been my concern with older coaches, guys who idolize coaches coaches (Knight, Brown), but don't like the rest of it (recruiting, fundraising, glad handing, social media, NILs, etc) but that's what the "game" is today, so you either have to adapt or you will be on the wrong side of success sooner than later. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I hope Woody understands going through assistants year in year out is not going to work in college. College is about recruiting/relationships, so you have to have assistant continuity otherwise recruiting is going to suffer and badly. He's new to the recruiting game but not coaching, so there's going to be some learning curves with recruiting and probably some stubbornness/trust issues when it comes to coaching. That's always been my concern with older coaches, guys who idolize coaches coaches (Knight, Brown), but don't like the rest of it (recruiting, fundraising, glad handing, social media, NILs, etc) but that's what the "game" is today, so you either have to adapt or you will be on the wrong side of success sooner than later. 

Eating all my own words here. I am shocked to say the least. Not a good look here at all for me or Woody. I hope he knows what he's doing.