2022 CG Adou Thiero

A friend who frequents another IU site told me to look this young man up.  He's a 6'5 wing from the Pittsburgh area who is apparently blowing up.  He only has a couple of offers, but IU, Pitt, Kentucky, Marquette, and West Virginia have been looking at him.  I guess he visited for the Wisconsin game.  Here is an article from our friend at the Daily Hoosier

Has anyone heard anything here?  Do we have real interest or just doing due diligence?

Sorry if there was already a thread on him somewhere.

• Thanks 1

He looks really interesting and would seem to fill a need.  Thanks for the heads up.  

This is going to be a fascinating offseason. We’ve got the three freshmen but there are some guys out there that we could add.  Julian Phillips, Sparks (if he’s mobile enough for Woody) and Thiero.   Add three more guys along those lines and it would be a massive infusion that would transform us into a team that fits Woody.  He didn’t quite have that this year yet we still made progress.  

• Like 2

He glides, and has legit interest in IU and IU has real interest in him according to the other site.  If we take another 22 high school kid he would be mostly likely. 

Of course that was before Julian Philips re-opened his recruitment, but I would look for Louisville to gobble up the remaining 5 star players now.  

2 minutes ago, All4IU said:

He glides, and has legit interest in IU and IU has real interest in him according to the other site.  If we take another 22 high school kid he would be mostly likely. 

Of course that was before Julian Philips re-opened his recruitment, but I would look for Louisville to gobble up the remaining 5 star players now.  

Wouldn't IU have the same playbook as Payne with Coache Woodson and the same connections?

11 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Wouldn't IU have the same playbook as Payne with Coache Woodson and the same connections?

Look at the way both coaches were received by the fan base, IU fan base did what it typically does, eat their own. "Woodson has never coached in college, too old, how is he going to recruit." 

Louisville looks at Payne as a savior.  He is a recruiter more than having a coaching resume.  He already has connections to the top players.  Who cares if he can coach at a high level.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, All4IU said:

Look at the way both coaches were received by the fan base, IU fan base did what it typically does, eat their own. "Woodson has never coached in college, too old, how is he going to recruit." 

Louisville looks at Payne as a savior.  He is a recruiter more than having a coaching resume.  He already has connections to the top players.  Who cares if he can coach at a high level.

Good point; however, I would not say all.  I know most in my circle are pumped and have been pumped.  Its a few people with an agenda and they keep posting, tweeting, etc.  Best thing these message boards can do is delete threads with an agenda.

I think the kids don't care.  They want exposure, a chance at the NBA and NIL. IU has all that if not are at the top with all except NIL. Hopefully, we can raise the game in the NIL area that some other programs are getting huge support in.  

On 3/19/2022 at 1:04 PM, CaptKirkHaston said:

Agreed…interesting prospect. His dad played for Calipari at Memphis. He’s stated that he dreams of a UK offer. Doctors say he is still growing and could grow to 6’10”. He might be what the doctor ordered. 

Yes, interesting to think of a player who could be 6'8 to 6'10 who played PG at the high school level