2022 CG Adou Thiero

At some point the collective “we” are going to have to get past this dread that once PUKe is involved, we no longer have a chance with a recruit.

Get it, it’s been this way for some time… for some of you younger guys, maybe your entire lifetime. But if we truly believe that this staff is going to change the culture that has been lost in the program for quite some time, we gotta start acting like we believe that we’re going to win some of these battles.

In other words, time to walk the walk.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

At some point the collective “we” are going to have to get past this dread that once PUKe is involved, we no longer have a chance with a recruit.

Get it, it’s been this way for some time… for some of you younger guys, maybe your entire lifetime. But if we truly believe that this staff is going to change the culture that has been lost in the program for quite some time, we gotta start acting like we believe that we’re going to win some of these battles.

I hear you, but in this particular case with him supposedly “ dreaming of a UK offer” and his dad having played foot Calipari, I think that’s where the pessimism comes from.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Agree with this. My pessimism is mostly coming from his dad playing for Cal, calling UK his dream school, and attending UK camps as a kid. 

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Since you mentioned the ketchup kid, wonder how it's working out for him????  😳

Career 23% shooter from distance as a wing.  he did IU a favor choosing Kensucky.  He hasn't developed at all. 

...and he's no more of a wing than Jordan Geronimo is.  Geronimo is a better shooter, frankly.  I hope this starts sinking in to these recruits that think Kensucky is the ultimate destination.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Career 23% shooter from distance as a wing.  he did IU a favor choosing Kensucky.  He hasn't developed at all. 

...and he's no more of a wing than Jordan Geronimo is.  Geronimo is a better shooter, frankly.  I hope this starts sinking in to these recruits that think Kensucky is the ultimate destination.

I noticed Brooks is very consistent from 3.  Right around 25% each year.  He is what he is there.  You’re right. Kentucky hasn’t improved him.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I noticed Brooks is very consistent from 3.  Right around 25% each year.  He is what he is there.  You’re right. Kentucky hasn’t improved him.  

Nope.  I hope his outlook on future NBA millions has gotten a little more reasonable over the last three years because as it stands now, he won't sniff NBA thousands.  Cal did him no favors putting that crap in his head and selling him a bill of goods.  His friend TJD will actually make a living with basketball.  KBJ had better hope he gets a usable degree from Kensucky.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Nope.  I hope his outlook on future NBA millions has gotten a little more reasonable over the last three years because as it stands now, he won't sniff NBA thousands.  Cal did him no favors putting that crap in his head and selling him a bill of goods.  His friend TJD will actually make a living with basketball.  KBJ had better hope he gets a usable degree from Kensucky.

Brooks can earn multiple millions of dollars playing basketball after UK. You are right in what you are saying, I don't understand how the Brooks didn't see what UK was selling. 

Outside of Russia's BS in Europe.... to me, Europe is one HELLUVA opportunity to get paid for a sport. Go over there for half the year, make big time money... they rarely tax it, they pay for your flights, food, car, and apartment. There are worse lives right? haha

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2022 CG Adou Thiero
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 11:58 AM, btownqb said:

Brooks can earn multiple millions of dollars playing basketball after UK. You are right in what you are saying, I don't understand how the Brooks didn't see what UK was selling. 

Outside of Russia's BS in Europe.... to me, Europe is one HELLUVA opportunity to get paid for a sport. Go over there for half the year, make big time money... they rarely tax it, they pay for your flights, food, car, and apartment. There are worse lives right? haha

At some point you miss the pickups 🛻, Walmarts & trailer parks and come home 

• Like 2