So Xavier can get a big name coach but Indiana can't?

Everybody acts like the big problem with Sampson was just phone calls but most people it is easy more than that.  I don't want pimps and drug dealers playing for IU and that was the kind of kids Sampson brought into IU.  Also brought in kids who didn't care about going to class and passing classes. It is also has to do with Sampson disregard for the rules that he had already broken in the past.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Should've handled it in house like the big boys do.  The NCAA doesn't care unless you're dumb enough to self report. 

I’m pretty sure that’s what this topic is about….. f it. We know we are cheating. No worries. Sweep it under the rug. Carry on with the drug dealing and pimping and other BS that’s happening. 

Edit: let’s hire Rick. I’m pretty sure hiring strippers for recruits is less than having actual pimps on the team. 

Edited by ledies22

11 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Stupid topic.  Nobody here is pining for Sean Miller.  Nobody gives a @&$#

I wanted him when we hired Crean. After his tenure at Arizona, no thanks. He went from the hot up and comer to a tainted can’t-win-the-big-one guy. He’s tied for 2nd for E8 appearances without making the FF. 

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Everybody acts like the big problem with Sampson was just phone calls but most people it is easy more than that.  I don't want pimps and drug dealers playing for IU and that was the kind of kids Sampson brought into IU.  Also brought in kids who didn't care about going to class and passing classes. It is also has to do with Sampson disregard for the rules that he had already broken in the past.

Has he brought in players like that at Oklahoma or Houston?  As I remember when he was first hired he brought in Lance Stemler and Mike White, both good guys.

My theory on the next season is that he knew had 2 of top 10 players in college basketball for 1 season only, DJ and EJ, and he wanted to go for it all and that meant surrounding them with all the talent he could find, character issues included.  Point is that I don't think that would've continued. 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Has he brought in players like that at Oklahoma or Houston?  As I remember when he was first hired he brought in Lance Stemler and Mike White, both good guys.

My theory on the next season is that he knew had 2 of top 10 players in college basketball for 1 season only, DJ and EJ, and he wanted to go for it all and that meant surrounding them with all the talent he could find, character issues included.  Point is that I don't think that would've continued. 

And that crew of miscreants and malcontents were a contributing factor to Tyler Zeller going to UNC. 

44 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's a good question. It's baffling how it happens at Indiana but not oklahoma or houston. 

I guess it's like that big ten coach said. 'Indiana is gonna Indiana.'

Edited by Sea Turtle

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

They had 25 Fs and over half had failed drug tests. We've discussed this ad nauseum. 

THE ONLY PERSONS FAULT THAT SAMPSON ISN'T HERE... IS SAMPSON. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Scott who was pimping people out on that team that you know of? I’m curious if prostitution was rampant and we had a pimp on our team..

39 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

That's a good question. It's baffling how it happens at Indiana but not oklahoma or houston. 

I guess it's like that big ten coach said. 'Indiana is gonna Indiana.'

Are you denying it happened here?  It's all made up because people wanted him gone because of the phone calls.  Bassett, Ellis, Thomas, and Holman were saints.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Are you denying it happened here?  It's all made up because people wanted him gone because of the phone calls.  Bassett, Ellis, Thomas, and Holman were saints.  

I don't know. Could some of it be exaggeration? 

I doubt the coaches meetings went like this:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

This. The guy is a cheater. 

A bad cheater at that.  The Pac10 is generally a weak conference.  It was him and one other team (usually UCLA) for a long time.  He got the best players out west with his bag man and then proceeded to choke, year after year in the tournament.  Like Arizona was notorious for being on the wrong end of big upsets.

Then the FBI comes down on him and he could not make the tournament without the bag man.  

• Like 1