Brian Walsh - New Assistant Coach

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just wondering how much our consultants get paid because it seems like a good gig 

You were saying you want one Of the assistants to be player development but if we have paid consultants like wittman who do that now then all of our assistants first priority should be elite recruiting because here’s the issue if you put all of your recruiting eggs in Yw and Hunter and both leave before Woody closes on those recruits that puts us behind a year after that happens 

Edited by IUfaninIllinois

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

You were saying you want one Jr. the assistants to be player development but if we have paid consultants like wittman who do that now then all of our assistants first priority should be elite recruiting because here’s the issue if you put all of your recruiting eggs in Yw and Hunter and both leave before Woody closes on those recruits that puts us behind a year after that happens 

Never said I wanted Wittman but I like to see more actual coaching by assistants.  I also don't think the consultants are at every practice or even with the team all the time.

4 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Wonder if Woodson has Shaq in his contact list? Really the only guy that makes any sense to me. Who could ho for a Papa Johns Shaq-a-Roni from the concession at the Hall. I know I could. 
If he doesn’t go all in on Shaq or Mello I’ll be pretty disappointed. 

I will preface this by saying I realize it won't happen, but hypothetically if Carmelo Anthony decided he wanted to be a head coach someday, being an assistant to Woodson would make sense.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Wonder if Woodson has Shaq in his contact list? Really the only guy that makes any sense to me. Who could ho for a Papa Johns Shaq-a-Roni from the concession at the Hall. I know I could. 
If he doesn’t go all in on Shaq or Mello I’ll be pretty disappointed. 

Does Mike Woodson have Jamal Crawford from his Atlanta and Knicks teams in the rolodex. I'd love to see this on a weekly basis. 

• Like 3

I am shocked all you goodie goodies would be okay with Adams.  We all know bumper stickers are a car accessory gateway drug that only lead to worse things like hula girls on dashboards and stuffed animals in rear windows.  Before hiring him I would expect a full inspection of his car.  If you find the Club or even a windshield visor you should run away from this guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I am shocked all you goodie goodies would be okay with Adams.  We all know bumper stickers are a car accessory gateway drug that only lead to worse things like hula girls on dashboards and stuffed animals in rear windows.  Before hiring him I would expect a full inspection of his car.  If you find the Club or even a windshield visor you should run away from this guy.

I heard he did an immense amount of jay walking in his day in Bloomington and the admin can't look past that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

Windshield visors are shady stuff for sure.