Brian Walsh - New Assistant Coach

So if it is Walsh is the only change in duties going to be he can travel to get after recruits? I initially didn’t like the Walsh thing and it wasn’t because he’s not talented but instead because now we have to replace him and if likely won’t be anybody as good as we could’ve gotten with thing s new assistant like Adams. If it is Walsh there is a person on Twitter who is a former IU player who is younger and absolutely loves IU. I also think he does some personal coaching but I can’t think of his name. I wonder if he would be interested in joining the staff to replace Walsh.

I think the Brian Walsh thing is a plus.  The fact that he is an Archie guy is a double check (or however Fred said it).  This demonstrates that the new staff got to know him and was impressed.  Being a holdover, as far as I am concerned, you have to doubly impress the new staff.  Also, kudos to Woody for making the call.  I suspect if we didn't elevate him, he would go someplace else before too long. 

This is a guy who played college ball.  He has kind of floated around under the radar, but he has been very important in recruiting.  I noticed a lot of recruits cite him.  Would love to see him push hard in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and to an extent, Michigan. 

Congrats to Coach Walsh.  Very well deserved.  This is a big job that he landed.   Good for him.  I think he will deliver.  I hope we keep the rest of the staff in tact.  Coach Ya brings recruiting connections that are key.  Walsh - midwest; Hunter - east coast; Ya: the South.  Woody, the closer. 

• Like 5