Brian Walsh - New Assistant Coach

Just now, Candystripes_56 said:

No, I have info obviously, just not a lot I want to publicly announce. I thought I’d start off with the obvious. Man, again, we really are this naive 

Yes, explain it to us like we are 5.

Why is it bad to have Hunter and Ya, considering we were just worried about losing Ya?

• Like 1

Attitude? Oh, so no longer someone with an uncommon opinion can defend themselves. What about the person with the opinion who wants to share more without getting antagonized. Y’all are brainwashed 

Please, defend yourself. We would love some substance from you. 

Attitude? Oh, so no longer someone with an uncommon opinion can defend themselves. What about the person with the opinion who wants to share more without getting antagonized. Y’all are brainwashed 

You haven’t defended your opinion. You are just making extremely biased statements. We’re here for discussion not hyperbole. 

• Like 1

This appears to be a good move. I too have no idea about any off the 3 guys coaching ability or development ability.  Hunter and Yas have been coaching for a while and have been with other good coaches and programs as well  Seems like they are good at their jobs. We also have Matta. Don’t mind the move at all.  The players seemed to get better so it would seem the coaches did there job.   Fife was a big name assistant. Doesn’t mean he is better than Hunter or Yas. Maybe the fit of the staff helps the team. I see nothing negative in the promoting if the current guys. 
again the staff seemed to make the players better as the year went along and the defense certainly improved over last year. Personally I like the direction of the program. Looks like a no nonsense approach with players and staff

• Like 1

We have decades of NBA coaching and development. We have Matta's B1G experience.  I'm not worried about X's and O's.  We need Jimmys and Joes!

Love the move from a recruiting standpoint to keep/promote Ya and promote Walsh. With Hunter, that gives us a strong recruiting footprint in the south, east, and midwest. Solid choices.

• Like 1

I was hoping IU would land a recruiting guru or a coach that can teach/develop shooters. Seems like more of a recruiter but I'm not sure 'guru' is the right word at this point. Let's hope that's what he becomes. If he was someone that could help coach shooting he was vastly underused this season.