IU Transfers

KDB

I'd be happy with Kopp coming back.  I think he found his role during the home stretch of the season.  He might leave, I don't know, but he can bring value.  When he was hitting his shot, we were tough.  But you do need another wing that can go out and defend and also shoot/score.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'd be happy with Kopp coming back.  I think he found his role during the home stretch of the season.  He might leave, I don't know, but he can bring value.  When he was hitting his shot, we were tough.  But you do need another wing that can go out and defend and also shoot/score.

To me Kopp is a stretch 4. I think he could do well in that role. He’s not athletic enough to be a wing. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

So Lander and Durr.  Most likely PStew?  A better than good Chance for TJD?  Any others you think.  I think Race comes back.

I honestly don't know. I think if KL, MD, PS, and one of TJD/RT leave... and thats it..... thats an excellent first step with keeping XJ and one of TJD/RT, Bates, and JG being paramount(a foundation). 

• Like 2

The main guy I hope doesn't consider transferring is Xavier, he really came into his own as the season went on and will probably be considered one of the top PGs in the country next season. Having an experienced PG is big for making a Final Four push.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 4

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

The main guy I hope doesn't consider transferring is Xavier, he really came into his own as the season went on and will probably be considered one of the top PGs in the country next season. Having an experienced PG is a big for making a Final Four push.

I've said it a bunch, he's all league capable next year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

Anybody worried about Galloway leaving? I see people's starters next year, and he's not in many of them. He starts over Bates, no? Unless a special summer happens, TG played before Bates every game he was able to play in

Galloway and Leal will only leave if they are told to.  It is my understanding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

Anybody worried about Galloway leaving? I see people's starters next year, and he's not in many of them. He starts over Bates, no? Unless a special summer happens, TG played before Bates every game he was able to play in

No. Look at the jump he made from year 1 to year 2. Woody loves him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I would be surprised if he even considered it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

The main guy I hope doesn't consider transferring is Xavier, he really came into his own as the season went on and will probably be considered one of the top PGs in the country next season. Having an experienced PG is a big for making a Final Four push.

That's the one that would definitely shock me. Per usual these are couch observations, but I feel like CMW stood by XJ through his struggles and adversity earlier this year, and it paid off for both of them. That usually results in a pretty strong bond.

• Like 6

Just now, AxnJxn said:

That's the one that would definitely shock me. Per usual these are couch observations, but I feel like CMW stood by XJ through his struggles and adversity earlier this year, and it paid off for both of them. That usually results in a pretty strong bond.

Really good post. Agreed man. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

That was supposed to be in response to the Galloway post. Clicked the wrong one.

Gotcha. I believe they were talking about XJ, right? I don't think anyone said TG would be all league. 

Or is that what you were saying "clicked the wrong one"

Edited by btownqb