IU Transfers

KDB

7 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I wouldn’t mind two more leaving…. 

I think you will get your wish.  Honestly, I think the 3 that announced yesterday were of the "we are leaving on our own" variety.  I don't think we have even gotten to the "tough conversation" crowd yet.  Indiana is still reaching out to people in the portal.  The staff knows there are going to be more openings.  IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptKirkHaston said:

I wish Rob could have stayed healthy. I really think that his battles with injury shook his confidence. I was hoping that Rob could have a breakout year next year. We will definitely miss his defense. Best of luck Rob, and thanks for all you did the last 4 years. 

Agreed. After his freshman year, thought he would develop into a top player in the conference by the end of his career, but injuries and lack of confidence kind of killed that. Rob seems like a good dude, but man, outside of that Purdue game, he couldn't hit much of anything, and it was frankly kind of hard to watch sometimes, because it seemed pretty obvious that he just wasn't confident with his shot. Solid defender, though. Best wishes to him going forward.

• Like 5

By all accounts, Rob seems like a really good kid. I feel like he is someone who paid more attention to negativity on social media  more than others do. Always someone I rooted really hard for, wanted him to succeed. The shots just wouldn’t go down. 

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 7

Big Shot Rob  :(  I'm sad to see him go.  Will never forget those shots against Butler his freshman year, and this year against Purdue -- or that suit he wore for Big Ten Media Day this year.  I will always root for that kid!  (unless playing against IU of course... or if he goes to Purdue or Kentucky!)  

• Like 8

I too will miss Rob. I felt his defense was underappreciated at times. He showed so much promise his freshman year, and as others have already alluded to, I blame injuries (and Archie's offensive scheme) for hindering his offensive game/shot . Through it all though, he fought and kept being tenacious on D. Best of luck to Rob wherever he decides to go next.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 2

I know the Covid year has created a different scenario.  Kind of sad that kids won't finish careers at their schools.  Rob is a Hoosier, should always be thought of as a Hoosier. Played 4 years here and used all eligibility.  Hopefully that is not forgoten with wearing a uniform somewhere else.  

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I know the Covid year has created a different scenario.  Kind of sad that kods won't finish careers at their schools.  Rob is a Hoosier, should always be thought of as a Hoosier. Played 4 years here and used all eligibility.  Hopefully that is not forgoten with wearing a uniform somewhere else.  

Not by me! He absolutely could have left last year and didn't. Gave us some great memories in the mean time!

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2