IU Transfers

KDB

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Going to be off the grid for about 4 hours. Full expect by the time I come back we'll have at least 1-2 transfers and probably another coaching change. Haha. Have a good one crew. Play nice!

Ahem. Seems some didn't listen to my advice this morning. Funny stuff. All teammates here gang. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

He will always be one of my favorite Hoosiers, up there with Henderson, Cheaney, Yogi and someone I will get some smirks about Jay Edwards.

Besides the normal crew Alford, Bailey, Calbert.....Edwards is still part of me everyday since he's in my passwords and ATM/Debit codes. 

I'll never forget reading in the newspaper (spring of 1989) a little blurb in our Illinois paper saying Edwards is going pro. Heartbroken to say the least. If he stayed all 4 no doubt we raise one....and he'd likely be neck and neck with my all time favorite Hoosiers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Besides the normal crew Alford, Bailey, Calbert.....Edwards is still part of me everyday since he's in my passwords and ATM/Debit codes. 

I'll never forget reading in the newspaper (spring of 1989) a little blurb in our Illinois paper saying Edwards is going pro. Heartbroken to say the least. If he stayed all 4 no doubt we raise one....and he'd likely be neck and neck with my all time favorite Hoosiers. 

With his shooting abilities and skill I think he would be a great one in todays game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

With his shooting abilities and skill I think he would be a great one in todays game.

Absolutely...but I still remember a Pacers scout (when was then playing semi-pro at Ft. Wayne) being asked about Jay's NBA prospects.  His response was memorable.  "Great shot but he couldn't guard a sidewalk." 😂

Edited by FKIM01
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely...but I still remember a Pacers scout (when asked about Edwards who was then playing semi-pro at Ft. Wayne) being asked about Jay's NBA prospects.  His response was memorable.  "Great shot but he couldn't guard a sidewalk." 😂

He definitely would fit into todays game then lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely...but I still remember a Pacers scout (when was then playing semi-pro at Ft. Wayne) being asked about Jay's NBA prospects.  His response was memorable.  "Great shot but he couldn't guard a sidewalk." 😂

And that's the stuff that drove me crazy. Kid gets pigeon holed because of the times...with exception of Showtime and Run TMC. I digress and derail. Sorry. Got a chance to meet him multiple times in Kendallville years ago....just a good dude that seemed at piece with his choices. Still wished he played in the NBA.

Of course to keep thread on track guys like Edwards probably would never have made it to his soph season with transfer portal. Would have found greener pastures if you catch my drift. 

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Smooth as silk 

Yes he was…It’s a shame he didn’t stick around longer. He and Lyndon Jones liked a few other things on campus, besides basketball.🤪 When I was at IU, one of my good friends, from Marion, was pretty tight with both Jay Edwards and Lyndon Jones. We went to several parties where he and Lyndon Jones had been hittin’ the “stinky weed”.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

My fear is we have to settle either in the portal or for some flyer freshman that isn’t as good as what we let go.  Not saying the talent didn’t need an upgrade because it did, but hopefully there was some promises from players that want to commit or we could be screwed. Again not saying I hate what’s going on but it could easily back fire as well.

Portal upgraded us from last year…no reason we can’t get better again.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was at the HPER one night and Jay was by himself.  He was just shooting alone.  I stood there and watched.  He went way out and shot with a really high arc and drilled shot after shot.  Granted it was against air but he was bombing away and hitting at an incredible pace.  True story.  

I believe it…. Man, I loved going to the HPER ……girls and pick up basketball!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I believe it…. Man, I loved going to the HPER ……girls and pick up basketball!!

I totally miss playing there. My favorite place on Earth to hoop.

Played against Jeffries in HS and continued to play pickup at the HPER. Would get some run with Moye, Newton and Donald Perry. Tapak and Johnson!

It was fun too, because some local guys would come back over the summer. Kueth Duany who played at Syracuse with Melo... I got dunked on quite a bit by Djbril Kante who played at ISU.

• Like 2

I always hate to see IU players in any sport Transfer. That being said I wish them all well. I don’t think we have anymore Transfer, but we may have a couple move on in TJD,an Race. I would hope they let Coach Woodson know soon. We need to do well in the Portal. I would assume we are actively looking at the Portal. 

9 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I totally miss playing there. My favorite place on Earth to hoop.

Played against Jeffries in HS and continued to play pickup at the HPER. Would get some run with Moye, Newton and Donald Perry. Tapak and Johnson!

It was fun too, because some local guys would come back over the summer. Kueth Duany who played at Syracuse with Melo... I got dunked on quite a bit by Djbril Kante who played at ISU.

Good time indeed. My college roommate was Kieth Duany’s AAU coach when he was in Jr. High.