IU Transfers

KDB

1 minute ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I always hate to see IU players in any sport Transfer. That being said I wish them all well. I don’t think we have anymore Transfer, but we may have a couple move on in TJD,an Race. I would hope they let Coach Woodson know soon. We need to do well in the Portal. I would assume we are actively looking at the Portal. 

I'd bet a $10 that Coach already knows. It appears they are steadily rolling one out a day. Seems pretty well orchestrated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I totally miss playing there. My favorite place on Earth to hoop.

Played against Jeffries in HS and continued to play pickup at the HPER. Would get some run with Moye, Newton and Donald Perry. Tapak and Johnson!

It was fun too, because some local guys would come back over the summer. Kueth Duany who played at Syracuse with Melo... I got dunked on quite a bit by Djbril Kante who played at ISU.

Those two ended my HS career. 😢 It was a good run though!

Not sure how many keep up with the former kids, and even though Cliff was only here a season or two… I try to follow him and the others who’ve moved on. Looks like he’s on the move again. 

I can’t help but think, this is going to be a revolving door. Players, coaches etc… it’s going to be just as crazy as we all thought that it could be.

2405255B-B677-44F1-B9E9-9439CBF48479.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Not sure how many keep up with the former kids, and even though Cliff was only here a season or two… I try to follow him and the others who’ve moved on. Looks like he’s on the move again. 

I can’t help but think, this is going to be a revolving door. Players, coaches etc… it’s going to be just as crazy as we all thought that it could be.

NBA? Did this kid go for 20 and 10 when no one was looking or is the smoke that good at LaSalle?

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just a thought...Big Mike Durr was here one year and Woody seemed to like him. Do you think he knows TJD and Race are coming back and didn't want to sit behind them again for mins.?

Very well could be...

He was also one of The Windy City 5, and didn't play through coach's decision in a few games. 

The last 4 games he got 4 or 5 minutes a game, so I don't think Coach Woodson was begging him to stay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Very well could be...

He was also one of The Windy City 5, and didn't play through coach's decision in a few games. 

The last 4 games he got 4 or 5 minutes a game, so I don't think Coach Woodson was begging him to stay.

Still if you have 0 bigs on your bench, you are keeping Durr arent you?

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Very well could be...

"The Windy City 5". lol I like it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You still have Duncomb...maybe they think he can develop into a better option...or as was mentioned in the other thread, Coach Woodson doesn't think a post up big, especially in a back up role, is absolutely necessary in today's game.

But the portal has changed the game so much...better option out there?

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There was talk Duncomb would be leaving but that doesn’t seem likely right now. Plus the TJD and Race situation was a factor for Durr. It was likely he wasn’t going to be more than a bench player again.

Are you hearing anything about TJD or Race? I would assume TJD will head to NBA if he thinks he can eek into the first round.

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Are you hearing anything about TJD or Race? I would assume TJD will head to NBA if he thinks he can eek into the first round.

It’s still likely one of the 2 is back. TJD’s real draft stock won’t be known for a while. If he’s not a for sure first rounder he could be back. He knows he’s approaching IU legend status especially with a tournament run. TJD could impact Race. If they both stay that could impact JG but I don’t think that happens.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'd bet a $10 that Coach already knows. It appears they are steadily rolling one out a day. Seems pretty well orchestrated. 

I guess today's kids need to understand that with this "free agency" created by the portal comes with repercussions on their end as well...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

It’s still likely one of the 2 is back. TJD’s real draft stock won’t be known for a while. If he’s not a for sure first rounder he could be back. He knows he’s approaching IU legend status especially with a tournament run. TJD could impact Race. If they both stay that could impact JG but I don’t think that happens.

Thank you.

I have had the feeling for awhile that one of TJD/Race would be back. I do think I would prefer to have one back with Geronimo than both back and Geronimo leave. I was happy to read where you think Logan will be back now though...I would like to see him developed for his Junior/Senior seasons.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I wouldn’t have minded him staying, he played well in some games for what we asked him to do.

But I hope our plan isn’t to play with a lumbering 7 footer on the floor for extended minutes anyway. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danomatic said:

image.gif.b8d0e144d10f040a6c458e2ee5453f38.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3