IU Transfers

KDB

I can’t wait to see how our front court gets resolved.  If we started Trayce and Geronimo at the 5-4, I’d be happy.  Get a long wing who can defend and score.  That would look like a darn good modern front court.  Ability to spread, athletic, able to switch.  Having said that, I don’t expect TJD back.  

Up front Duncomb off the bench and we’d need another big to play. Maybe Sparks.  Work in Banks.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I can't take all this drama. I just hope Kopp returns because I really enjoy his card tricks. Honestly, and I want to be serious, I really hate to see that Rob will most probably be moving on. I will always be a huge Rob fan. Any school that picks him up will get a damn good ball player.

Agree. Wish he didn’t have that concussion his freshman year. That set him back more than a season. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Agree. Wish he didn’t have that concussion his freshman year. That set him back more than a season. 

If Rob had any offensive stability to his game, he would have been a starter and could start anywhere in the Power5.  But he just has trouble running an offense and shooting/scoring.  For whatever reason, he just can't get the ball in the basket.  Great defender who would have been a first team all big ten had he been able to put up 12 consistently every night.

I said this last year, he should have transferred last year.  Not because we didn't want or need him, but because i think a new program could jumpstart his game again.  And he would have had 2 years to do it, instead now he only has the one year to get back to what he is capable of.

Wish him luck

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If Rob had any offensive stability to his game, he would have been a starter and could start anywhere in the Power5.  But he just has trouble running an offense and shooting/scoring.  For whatever reason, he just can't get the ball in the basket.  Great defender who would have been a first team all big ten had he been able to put up 12 consistently every night.

I said this last year, he should have transferred last year.  Not because we didn't want or need him, but because i think a new program could jumpstart his game again.  And he would have had 2 years to do it, instead now he only has the one year to get back to what he is capable of.

Wish him luck

You don't find a jump shot over night. Al had a good season at Providence, Franklin ok at Virginia, but neither magically found their shooting touch. Rob is a player who's best offense is taking it to the hole, which isn't going to work well against better competition. I do love him and pulled for him as much as anyone and a change of scenario will most likely lessen the pressure, but I don't think he's going to shoot 40% from 3 next year. If I was him, I would find a similar situation like Al, a good program with less of a spotlight and zero expectations on him. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1