IU Transfers

KDB

19 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Could be wrong, but I think Race will be moving on. 

It was mentioned in post game interviews he is preparing JG to take his spot.  Him and Trayce and JG I think have mentioned it.  

Race is a kid who reclassified to come here early, and he was as tough as nails, while growing his game.  It will be fun to see him stay, and also follow his career. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

...or if Trayce enters the draft. I think he could even stay if both stayed, although I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Trayce doesn't declare. 

If TJD isn’t a guaranteed first rounder it’s possible he’s back. All 3 will not be back. TJD knows he’s closing in on legend status if he stays. That’s a factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

If TJD isn’t a guaranteed first rounder it’s possible he’s back. All 3 will not be back. TJD knows he’s closing in on legend status if he stays. That’s a factor.

You seem to have some insight.  I see Trayce as the least likely of the three to return, but if he does return, why do you think one of the other two automatically leaves?  I still see 80 available minutes for three players.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You seem to have some insight.  I see Trayce as the least likely of the three to return, but if he does return, why do you think one of the other two automatically leaves?  I still see 80 available minutes for three players.

I don’t think Jordan or Race  want limited minutes. JG thinks he should start and see starters minutes. He doesn’t see that happening next year because it didn’t happen this year and he isn’t an upperclassman. Can’t blame him based on kopp and Stewart still getting so many minutes when they weren’t performing at a high level( albeit we didn’t have much better on the bench). I can’t see a situation they all 3 return. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I don’t think Jordan or Race  want limited minutes. JG thinks he should start and see starters minutes. He doesn’t see that happening next year because it didn’t happen this year and he isn’t an upperclassman. Can’t blame him based on kopp and Stewart still getting so many minutes when they weren’t performing at a high level( albeit we didn’t have much better on the bench). I can’t see a situation they all 3 return. 

Well, Jordan is an upper classman next season.  If he simply gets Durr's minutes, he's at 20 mpg.  If he improves in the off-season, it's not inconceivable, he could get a few more minutes at the wing position (yeah, I know...he's not a wing...just humor me a little.  I think he's close enough to play a few minutes, especially if he takes an off-season leap.)

That's irrelevant if either Trayce or Race leave and I still think it's unlikely that both stay.  I think ultimately, Geronimo gets 25+ minutes, assuming he doesn't regress.  If he leaves, it's probably not about minutes. 

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, Jordan is an upper classman next season.  If he simply gets Durr's minutes, he's at 20 mpg.  If he improves in the off-season, it's not inconceivable, he could get a few more minutes at the wing position (yeah, I know...he's not a wing...just humor me a little.  I think he's close enough to play a few minutes, especially if he takes an off-season leap.)

That's irrelevant if either Trayce or Race leave and I still think it's unlikely that both stay.  I think ultimately, Geronimo gets 25+ minutes, assuming he doesn't regress.  If he leaves, it's probably not about minutes. 

I think it’s unlikely Trayce and Race stay as well. Just more of a viewpoint on why I could see him leaving if it’s playing time. If it’s something other than playing time so be it.

I think he’s a fan favorite and we all love how hard he plays. He bottles up his energy with a little more control and continues to work on his shot he’s a game changer for us. I thought if everyone left that could graduation wise he would be our leading or second leading scorer next year. 

Does anyone know if the recent TJD Pennzoil NIL deal, as well as his relationship with Coach Woodson, is/would be enough to stay at Indiana for the 22-23 season, or is he truly gone?

After that, the dynamic of Race staying or leaving?

Keeping Geronimo seems a high priority, but does he want to stay?

I have a personal weakness of impatience and while a lot has already transpired, there is so much yet unknown. 

For all the activity, we have lost 1 starter, and 3 guys from the bench, and Dane.  

Looking forward to who we add.