IU Transfers

KDB

For a kid who persevered through a pandemic, multiple injuries, one of the worst stretches of IU basketball in history, and a coaching and philosophy change, I have nothing but respect for Rob. He may not have been the on court product we needed, but he played his heart out for the candy stripes.

My hope is that Rob finds a place where he can just play... and shine. Let him go out in a blaze of glory.

• Like 5

Look for another mediocre season with all the new faces that have to learn to play together as a team. and look for the that permanent built in excuse from the coach from the beginning to the end of the season. Well, look we are still learning to play together. not one so called reporter called him out on this when he was still giving this excuse at the end of the year. 

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

4 down 4 to go.

I think it was time to go, but I also don’t think some understand how much of a game changer his D was at times. Hope we’re able to replace that aspect. 

4 more? All wanted? Or just speculating what will happen? I think MK needs to go and would understand LD. Only other I could see would be AL (prefer he stays). That gives us 3 portal spots without even talking RT and TJD. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

1 minute ago, Beamerball said:

I don't think Kopp goes anywhere, how can he? He hasn't graduated and already used his free transfer year.

I wouldn't be surprised with any of the other 3, however, I would like to think 1 of those 3 returns.

He came here as a Grad Transfer. He can move free one time. Appears woody isnt letting anyone have that covid year here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Look for another mediocre season with all the new faces that have to learn to play together as a team. and look for the that permanent built in excuse from the coach from the beginning to the end of the season. Well, look we are still learning to play together. not one so called reporter called him out on this when he was still giving this excuse at the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

What a flipping shit show. year after year. PU has to love this shit. 

1 minute ago, jojo123 said:

the only two I would like to see stay is MK and LD can build a solid team around those guys.

Make up your mind

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jojo123 said:

the only two I would like to see stay is MK and LD can build a solid team around those guys.

Neither of those two have shown evidence of being centerpieces.  Duncomb may be a good project player to kerp and hope he develops.  I'm ambivalent about Kopp - he plays hard but is one-dimensional and inconsistent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think it was time to go, but I also don’t think some understand how much of a game changer his D was at times. Hope we’re able to replace that aspect. 

4 more? All wanted? Or just speculating what will happen? I think MK needs to go and would understand LD. Only other I could see would be AL (prefer he stays). That gives us 3 portal spots without even talking RT and TJD. 

We arent going to miss the 4 that left. All easily replaced. The set back is if TJD and Race leave. No plan or incoming players in place to cover that loss.